My piston will not load - help please

piston

1) Give a description of the problem
I have one piston that will not load. I’ve wait for hours with the screen just sitting there with the blue square spinning. I’ve also tried pausing it but that also does nothing. I’ve tried on two different PCs and my Android App, deleting the cache and nothing is allowing me to load it.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
My piston should load.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The blue square just spins

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
unable to - sorry

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
No log files are accessible for this error.

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Error Opening a Piston - Cannot delete in Dashboard
WebCore Cannot View/PAUSE Piston: State cannot be greater than 100000.0 characters

Go into the webCoRE app within the the ST mobile app. Go to Settings and then ‘clean up and rebuild data cache’

Hi Robin, sorry but I tried that as well, I just forgot to include it in the description. Thank you.

You might also need to delete your browser cache via settings.

And hard reset by holding Ctrl whilst clicking the browser refresh button.

Also logging out and back in can help.

Hi Robin, thanks again for your suggestions. I just tried all that and I also tried on MS Edge browser that I never use and still it will not load the piston or allow me to pause it.

Ok… one last option before we have to start digging a bit deeper…

In the IDE, go to My Locations > installed smartapps > Edit (on the right above the list)

Find the storage app which is called webCoRE, nested under webCoRE.

When you hover the mouse over, a tooltip window will show webCore (webCoRE Storage).

If the tooltip doesn’t show let me know.

Cannot log onto Webcore

I just tried again and this time I received an error “Sorry, an error occurred while retrieving the piston data”. Still won’t load mind!!

Hi robin - Yes that loads.

I’m out of ideas.

Tagging @ipaterson @ady624

I found this comment from @ipaterson… worth checking:

We had a similar report recently where it seemed like a contact with a phone number only (no name or email) caused problems.

I think the piston used push notifications, i don’t remember adding push to contact. How would I check if I can’t load it?

Go into the ST app, hamburger menu, contact book.

I’ve just checked the piston with the hover menu you showed me Robin and I have no contacts listed in the piston that will not load.

I have two contacts - both have names, numbers, email addresses and push details.

Well have to wait for one of the other @webCoRE_Minions to chip in then :frowning_face:

Thank you for trying Robin. I do appreciate it.

BTW… If it’s just a single piston, maybe just duplicate it and delete the original.

It’s an option under +new piston

I just tried duplicating it - that didn’t work!

How do I just delete it without loading it as I think it will be quicker to start over.

I just noticed the backup code from the hover area in the ST IDE screens. I’ve managed to make a copy - Now how do I delete without loading it first?