Hue bulbs will not capture and restore properly

2) What is the expected behaviour?*
Capture attributes and restore

3) What is happening/not happening?
Not restoring at all

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Did you set TCP to never??? Because I can’t see the N after your with…

Also,
I’m using a piston - I didn’t write - and it captures everything separately. Your piston is putting everything in a single variable. I’m not sure but that might be the problem??

I think thesis the issue, I messed with the capture statement and found that I needed to capture each attribute to a separate variable.

Do you have a screenshot of this piston to reference?

Ok do you have a screenshot of what you are using to reference and try out?

Normally I would… I would even do that with my post suggesting the idea but currently I’m traveling and my phone is no good so I can’t register a browser.

But mean while I found a post for you and please read the whole thing - minions are involved - I’m sure you can find useful stuff.
I even saw a piston doing what you were originally trying to do…

@Trenton.labiche And I’m going to repeat this question - maybe you missed it - because this might be the case???

I’m going to be honest, I’m still pretty new to webcore so I apologize if I don’t understand what TCP is, I understand it stands for task cancellation policy but I’m really not sure what exactly it is used for or is used to achieve in a piston.

Ok, I changed TCP to never and it seems to be working as I would like. So basically on a with statement if it has a wait, I should always set TCP to never so it doesn’t cancel any tasks? I’m still trying to figure things out lol sorry

No need to be sorry:)) we are all learning here…
A piston runs top to bottom in one go like a rain drop… if you want it to WAIT for what ever the reason is, you need to aet TCP to never so the piston knows
it has a count down…
And lets say you need to stop the countdowns (WAITs) in the piston, you can use the command “cancel all pending tasks) FYI

I guess what was confusing me in some of my pistons, my wait command would work how I wanted it to but in this particular one i had to set TCP to never for it to run properly lol but from now on I will just make sure if i put a wait command to always set TCP to never

I’m not sure why sometimes a piston meeds it and sometimes doesnt??
Maybe someone can jump in explain it better???

The default TCP means if the conditions are no longer true, then abort the rest of the code. Normally, this is preferred… If that is your intentions, then don’t mess with TCP… Also, if there is no WAITs, there is no need to mess with TCP

If, on the other hand, you want the code to continue regardless of the condition no longer being true, those are the times that TCP should be set to Never.

Personally, I would not make this a blind habit. Each block of code (and it’s logic) should be considered before deciding which TCP setting is ideal.

Thank you. You the bomb. Wish I had all your Webcore knowledge

Glad to be able to help…

Ok I’ve ran into another question with my piston, I have a trigger with motion sensor and a condition between a time…if TCP is set to never will it ignore the condition and run anyway?

No. TCP set to never only starts the countdown if and where there is WAIT…