Need help with contact sensor and simulated contact sensor

1) Give a description of the problem
New to WEBCORE and trying to make a real contact sensor trigger a simulated contact sensor 30 seconds later,

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Contact sensor opens (even for 1 second, this is important) then waits for 30 seconds and then triggers the simulated sensor to open (again even 1 second will be ok) Bonus points if we can get it to close 30 seconds after the real one closes too

3) What is happening/not happening?
The real sensor has to remain open for 30 seconds before the simulated one will open, I don’t want this as its for a security system, meaning an intruder could circumvent my system by simply closing my door within 30 seconds of opening it

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!
Not quite sure how to do this?

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY

I am thinking:

IF RealSensor changes to open
Then 
    With SimSensor  (TCP = Never)
    Wait 30 seconds
    Open
END IF

This will force the SimSensor to open 30 seconds later…
(regardless of the RealSensor’s current status)

Do you really want the SimSensor to be opened no matter what?

If I am understanding you correctly…you could try this…

IF Real_Sensor contact changes to open
Then
  Wait 30 seconds  (You will probably need to set TCP to Never)
  With Simulated_Contact_Sensor
    Do Open

If Real_Sensor contact changes to closed
Then
    Do Close

Yes I want it to open no matter what, picture this
We like to use Google home routines to arm and disarm our Smart Home monitor as not all of our devices are available within smartthings, so we have created scenes in smartthings which can be activated on Google’s routines, but in order to disarm the system we have to walk through the front door first, but the problem being that once you’ve opened the sensor the siren will sound regardless wether the SHM has been disarmed or not, so what if SHM used a simulated sensor instead that opens 30 seconds after the real one does, this way if we get in the house and do our routine which disarms the system all in under 30 seconds then the SHM trigger is opened after it’s been disarmed, then no need to dismiss the alert in the app and doesn’t activate the siren once the system is disarmed

Is your siren visible to ST/webcore?

Yeah why?

Not the best option but you could remove your door contact sensor from the SHM app. Then you could do something like this…

IF Entry_Door contact changes to open
      Then
        With Buzzer  (if you have one)
          Turn ON
      Wait 30 seconds   (TCP set to never)
    IF SHM is not disarmed   (The alarm was not turned off within 30 seconds)
      Then
          Open   (This sensor **is** in the SHM app and will activate the siren when opened)

IF SHM changes to disarmed
      Then
        With Siren and Buzzer
          Turn Off
        Do Close

This way, only the buzzer (if you have one) sounds when you open the door and not the siren. And your alarm is not triggered unless the SHM is not disarmed in 30 seconds.

Sorry I’m a real noob when it comes to this what’s TCP and how do I set it to never this is what I’ve got so far
Execute
If
Front doors contact changes to open
Then
With
Front door (V)
Do
Wait 30 seconds
End with
With
Front Door (v)
Do
Open
End with
Else
End if
End execute

Also at the end of yours to close it, won’t that make the simulated one change the closed immediately as soon as the real one does? Therefore is someone closes the door as soon as they enter then the simulated one will either remain open or remain closed

First, it has taken me some time to gain an understanding of TCP. So go to the TCP wiki and read it at least twice. There are MANY post in the forum about how and when to use TCP. Check HERE for how to set it.

My examples are two different pistons. I edited the second example.

I did not mean to hijack @WCmore. He was well on his way to helping you just 2 minutes before I did. :slight_smile:

It’s all good, @Pantheon. Two heads are better than one!

@HALOHARRY2K9, the reason I did not factor in the auto-close (yet) is because the forced 30 second WAIT will force that SimContact open even if the door is closed. (your original goals)

As far as closing the SimContact, you could insert a stand-alone block saying:

IF RealContact stays closed for 35 seconds
    Then close SimContact
END IF

but be careful with this. Depending on your logic flow, that forced close could potentially stop your alarm moments after it begins.

I think that it won’t stop the alarm as my real one doesn’t stop the alarm when the door is closed, so it doesn’t matter how long the simulated one is open for, even if it’s open for 1 second and then closes again it still triggers SHM and if the SHM is armed then the siren will alert, but if it’s disarmed before the simulated sensor opens then the siren will not sound, the same way that if the SHM is disarmed then I can open and close my door as much as I like, guys these responses are amazing I really appreciate it I’m taking what you guys have wrote and I’m trying to write something now but I can’t test it till I’m back home on Saturday night so if you think what I show you is correct then I trust you guys, thank you both again

@Pantheon @WCmore

This is what I’ve got

Pro Tip:

To keep the family stress-free, I try to do my SHM alarm testing when nobody else is home…

Lookin’ good, @HALOHARRY2K9!!

Yeah my wife hates me doing it, our baby seems to sleep through it when she’s in a different room though haha, so do you think they will have my desired affect, I don’t want to make it too complicated Im only using the simulated sensor for armed (away) to give us time to change it to Disarmed and if we don’t then SHM will get intrusion detected and in turn siren alarms, but for Armed (stay) which is used for when we’re in bed then I will use our actual real sensor, I’d rather the siren went off immediately if someone breaks in while we’re asleep

EDIT:Also guys I hope you don’t mind I’m going to leave this open for a few days till I get home and I’m able to test it out but I’m hoping it’s all solved so I thank you both

You will find loads of helpful members here. Just let us know if we can help with anything else!