Need to automate “manual mode” on a motion security light

1) Give a description of the problem
Need to automate “Manual” mode on a outdoor light that has a motion sensor. Light fixture is currently attached to a GE on\off zwave switch.

Here is what I have to do to get into manual mode:

Light must be on for at least 60 seconds
Within 3 seconds turn off -> on -> off -> on

Here is what I tried:

1. Created a virtual switch that I will use to enter manual mode (so I can still enter the standby mode by using the switch directly)
  2. Setup a webcore piston to monitor the virtual switch for “on” then perform the sequence described above on the physical switch, and send me a push notification for the last step. (See screenshot)

2) What is the expected behavior?
Turn light on then off after 60 seconds (cannot get the piston to save with a value higher than 60 seconds, would like to use 70 seconds) -> turn on .5 seconds later -> turn off .5 seconds later -> turn on .5 seconds later -> send push notification to my phone to confirm

3) What is happening/not happening?
Light turns on and stays on for at least 5+ minutes. I never see the turn off \ on at a half second, and i receive the push notification immediately, well before the 60 seconds is up on the first step.

Note: I did confirm my mode is one of the three the rule shows and that my testing was done within the restricted time (receiving the push notification should confirm this as well). I also removed those two conditions completely to be safe, but included them here since it is my desire to include them when fully setup.

**4) Screenshot:

At a half a second between each command, I’m not sure it will work. Sometimes 2 seconds is pushing it.

I will try 5 seconds tonight (light also has a “feature” that wont let me keep it on during daytime) to see what it does, but do you agree the rule shouldn’t send me the push notification until at least 60 seconds has passed?

Are you using webCoRE or the old CoRE?

You are right, it is CoRE not webCoRE. I will get this updated right now and will rebuild the rules tonight.

I can’t believe I was using the original CoRE system. I just need to add in the time restriction and test it out tonight!

Don’t use $status, try if Device’s switch changes to

Thanks! It is testing much better now. I also upped the times from 500 ms to 800ms since I have a full 3 seconds to complete the actions. The 2nd if statement for when the simulated switch goes to “off” is leaving the physical switch on so I upped its last value to 10 seconds since that one is only required if i want the light to be physically off again.

I think your second IF will collide with your first statement, you might end up with a loop.

I’m not opposed to changing it. I have it monitoring for a simulated switch to change on/off then control a physical switch. Still think a loop could occur?

Did this work for you?