New Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook group for 3d printed HA related hardware

Hi everyone.
I have started a new buy/sell/trade group for people who have 3d printers and want to sell mounts and hardware related to home automation. From tablet mounts to voice assistant mounts, to custom enclosures for diy hardware, this group is for makers and buyers to connect.

It seems as the admins of some groups have made a business of making some of these products, and people have found themselves censured or even banned from the large groups as they have become competition.

The aim of this group is to connect people. Anyone who wants to sell or design may do so here, without unfair competition.
If you need something made, you can find people who may have already made what you need, or are willing to make something for you here as a user to user “design and print shop”.

Abuse won’t be tolerated, and users are encouraged to leave feedback of good transactions in the seller’s threads they buy through.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/110883009721365

@Confirmed_ST_User @Confirmed_Non_ST

I need about 50nr Fibaro to DIN rail mounting brackets made.

At €9.99 each for the singles I can’t possibly justify the current retail cost!

I know of several printing companies but I have no idea how to go about designing the dimensions to click onto the unit!

Might contact Fibaro for some CAD drawings!

I want to create triangular corner mounts for my motions… I can cut some 2x2 pieces of wood in half but that’s too non-geeky haha.

For making custom mounts, I highly recommend the moldable glue called “Sugru”.
Feels and shapes like silly putty, but firms up within 24 hours… Yet still remains flexible.

I think the cost would be cheaper (and more custom fitted) than 3D printing.
(plus, no holes in your walls or cabinets)

Here is an example of a tablet mount in use:

Sugru rocks! I actually used it to attach an aftermarket backup camera to an OEM trim that has a camera cutout for my Jeep… worked really well :slight_smile:

… and it even comes in various colors, LOL …

So I found the necessary 3D file…

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1841296/zip

I’ll post this in the FB group to see if anyone there actually has a printer lol