New Sonos integration

It looks like the TrackDescription property is now gone (March 4 was the last time I could trigger off of it).

I was using it as trigger every time the song changed to execute a routine. The only thing I think we can use now is the JSON from audioTrackDescription but I can’t evaluate a change on that JSON string.

I could set up a timer to periodically grab the track info, but that seems wasteful Would rather trigger off an event. Anyone have any thoughts?

anyone else found event changes stopped reaching webcore around 4-5 July?

Having no issues here. Possibly this is related to the upgrade to the S2 firmware? Also, are your devices using the updated LAN Sonos Player Websocket DTH or the older, supposedly deprecated LAN Sonos Player DTH?

I don’t recall seeing a firmware update email recently, but maybe I forgot getting it. However they are using the newer LAN Sonos Player Websocket.

It’s odd the status in the IDE is all correct, just it doesn’t seem to show in webcore. I’ve forced subscription and paused and restarted the piston to no avail.

The Sonos S2 Firmware update was a pretty significant update, but whether you would have really taken notice or not depends on the mix of Sonos equipment that you have. I don’t recall having to do anything in SmartThings after the update, but it’s possible I did and forgot.

Based on what you’re describing, I would probably go into the webCoRE app in SmartThings and try removing and re-adding the Sonos devices to your list of available devices.

So this is odd, it started working all on its own a while back and all has been good, and now since around the hub firmware update of recently it’s stopped again.

A piston I have that triggers on a sonos state change works, but the play track ones have stopped. I can see the logs of it issuing the commands in both webCoRE and the ide but nothing seems to happen on the sonos.