Newbie in need of help for first piston

1) Give a description of the problem
I am trying to change modes based on presence of certain people

2) What is the expected behaviour?
When my teenage is home but i am not, i would like to change SHM to a “home alone” mode so that I will be notified if the any doors open. Then when my presence changes from away to home it turns to either home mode or night mode based on time

3) What is happening/not happening?
Being new i tired but cannot find the right way to design this

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

First question… are you using SHM in th Classic app or STHM in the new SmartThings app?

Second…there is location mode …home, away, night and other custom modes. And there are armed status for SHM or STHM … ARMED (away), armed (stay) and disarmed.

I am using classic. I created a home alone mode.

Not knowing how large your family is, I would suggest something like this:

if any of parent1, parent2, teenager presence changes         <--trigger
then
    if teenager presence is present then                                   <--condition
    then
       if any of parent1, parent2 presence is present                 <--condition
       then
          home mode
       else
          home alone mode
       end if
   else
      if any of parent1, parent2 presence is present
      then
           home mode
      else
           away mode
      end if
   end if
end if

If you have anything else you want to happen when people arrive/leave you may need more complicated logic but this should do for what you are asking.

Thank you so much. I will attempt to build this.

I attempted to build this but i cannot (because i an so new i think) pick tyr right statements. Can you tell me which ones to pick in order to put the correct info above in?

Hope these descriptions help:

if any of parent1, parent2, teenager presence changes         <--Choose if block, 
                                                                add condition, 
                                                                select your devices,, select presence attribute
                                                                for comparison scroll down to triggers and select 'changes'
then
    if teenager presence is present then                          <--Choose if block, 
                                                                    add condition, 
                                                                    select your devices, select presence attribute
                                                                    for comparison select 'is'
                                                                    for value select present
    then
       if any of parent1, parent2 presence is present                 <--Same as above
       then
          home mode
       else
          home alone mode
       end if
   else
      if any of parent1, parent2 presence is present
      then
           home mode
      else
           away mode
      end if