Occupancy Counter Variable

1) Give a description of the problem
I had a working piston that counted the occupancy of my house. After the new App forced update, it no longer works…

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I was using each person’s phone as an occupancy sensor. Then I could just use this piston to count how many people were in the house and use that as a global variable.

3) What is happening/not happening?
After being forced away from the classic app, I cannot figure out how to find my devices as occupancy sensors…

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
Really no log to give… the thing is that I cannot find the “new” occupancy sensors in the device list.

It looks as though 2 devices have been deleted? Do all your sensors show up in the new & classic app? I’ve not been able to get my iphone to show up as a presence sensor in the new app, although its available as a device in the classic app. So wonder if the missing devices are your phones?

I’m not 100% sure on this, but I suspect if you have an orphaned device, the whole piston does not run.

It should just be a matter of authorising the new mobile presence sensors via the webCoRE SmartApp in your mobile app, and then editing the pistons to replace the old devices with the new ones.

I dont think it works. I enabled “get your location from this phone” in the new app, and it doesn’t seem to do anything. I don’t see the phone listed as a presence sensor. Luckily, I don’t use, I prefer the webcore presence sensor, so used that in my pistons.

Care to explain what you mean by “webcore presence sensor”??

Theres a webcore app on the app store, I think you have to pay for it on apple (£2.99?)

It lets you access your webcore dashboard & edit pistons, but also provides a presence sensor. Another feature is that it lets you define other places (and a radius around them) so you can trigger events when you arrive & leave any of the locations.

The following piston shows this in use

suh-weet!!!

I’ll be checking that out!!