Personalized Messages

1) Give a description of the problem
I have some generic Random arrival/departure messages that are sent to my phone when i leave home or arrive. This works fine. As you can see in the piston, the define String ArrivalMsg and DepartureMsg random messages contain “$currentEventDevice” i’m guessing that was supposed to be used like an “insert name here” type thing. I realise that $currentEventDevice might not be the correct thing to use here. I would like to get some help in designing this piston so when either my girlfriend or I get home separately, we get a personalized, random sms message. Once I get the my head around this I hope in the future i can swap the arrival sms message for an Alexa/Google home spoken greeting.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
When either my girlfriend or I get home separately, we get a personalized, random sms message. I.e.
“Mmmmmmm " $currentEventDevice” , it’s so nice to have you back inside me. " = "Mmmmmmm " Person 1 " , it’s so nice to have you back inside me. " OR "Mmmmmmm " Person 2 , it’s so nice to have you back inside me. "

3) What is happening/not happening?
I’m not sure how to start writing the piston.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
N/A

Maybe I’m missing something here but feels like it’s more complicated then it should be.

How about something like this:

IF James' presence seensor changes to HOME (meaning you are back)
AND 
IF The other presence sensor IS AWAY (Meaning you guys came home seperately)
then 
Send SMS ramdon choose one of the messages

And Another IF block for the other party…

IF D' presence sensor changes to HOME (meaning you are back)
AND 
IF James' presence sensor IS AWAY (Meaning you guys came home seperately)
then 
Send SMS ramdon choose one of the messages

See if this gives you any ideas. It may not be pretty, but it has been working flawlessly for over a year now.

I think that should be spoken in a soft, sultry voice… LOL

:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was going to try and make piston suggestion but I was at work…

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. You usually have to pay for that sort of thing! Haha

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give them a try later :+1: