Piston not executing

1) Give a description of the problem
Timed piston is not firing off in SmartThings

2) What is the expected behaviour?
This piston runs happily every monday thru friday when I am home - if I’m not at home it’s designed not to run.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Yesterday and today the piston did not execute as designed. Yesterday it turned everything on, but the sequence of turn off’s didn’t run. Today it didn’t run at all.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
11/1/2019, 6:36:25 AM +190ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Ellis House].execute = recovery with a delay of 73ms
+104ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 23ms > PS > 35ms > PE > 46ms > CE
+106ms ║Runtime (40706 bytes) successfully initialized in 35ms (v0.3.10a.20190223) (105ms)
+107ms ║╔Execution stage started
+113ms ║║Comparison (time) 23785301 happens_daily_at (time) 23100000 = false (1ms)
+114ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated false (3ms)
+115ms ║║Cancelling statement #2’s schedules…
+118ms ║║Requesting time schedule wake up at Sat, Nov 2 2019 @ 6:25:00 AM EDT
+120ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (9ms)
+122ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (15ms)
+124ms ║Setting up scheduled job for Sat, Nov 2 2019 @ 6:25:00 AM EDT (in 85714.687s)
+132ms ╚Event processed successfully (132ms)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

@allrak

Well first off, A LOT is happening in a single piston with tons of different devices.

just a quick 2 questions first.
1 - When the piston did NOT work, did you check what your presense sensor was registering?
2 - Are you using TCP and is it set to NEVER? (Because you have WAITs)

Have you checked the status of your presence sensor to make sure it is functioning and displaying the correct state (present/not present)?

I agree that the TCP should be set to NEVER when using the ‘waits’.
Just throwing this out, that the last two days I’ve had problems with my pistons too. And these are pistons that have been running normally for a year. Piston schedules its normal wakeup time in the logs, but then has been firing 5-10 mins after the scheduled wakeup time, and not executing entirely.
I rebooted my hub to see if that makes any difference, we’ll see if that helps.

Presence is functioning correctly.

This piston has been humming along smoothly since it’s creation. As well, most all of my pistons are not working right now, last 48 hours. But devices are working from the app and voice commands - that utilize webcore - are working?? Just the ones that run themselves are not. I rebooted the hub this morning from work, and my router this afternoon from the house (several WiFi devices dropped off). I also ran an update for webcore in the Smartthings IDE. We’ll see if any of that helps.

Me too… Time based triggers have been unreliable since the moment SDC ended… LOL

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. In regard to question 1) yes presence is operating correctly. In regard to question 2) I believe the answer is yes on this piston , but if you’d refresh my memory as to where that setting is located, I was looking for what I think you are talking about last night.

SCD? Not sure I follow

The Samsung Developer Conference was earlier this week (Tue and Wed)

I first noticed the time based triggers failing right after the conference ended, and it has not been reliable since…

Coincidence?!?

Ahhhhh, I didn’t think of that but that is exactly the timing that I see as well. Right after Samsung claimed Webcore as their official rules engine (or something like that)

Where ever you are using WAIT go back a bit (related WITH line…)
click on it and go to setting to see TASK CANCELLATION POLICY
when it’s NEVER you should be seeing circled N after WITH

I’m not sure if I’m happy about Samsungs taking over Webcore…

Welll…

We’ve both seen how response times have gotten slower over time, so a new infrastructure sounds very appealing to me… The fact that they hired on Adrian with the goal of implementing webCoRE directly into SmartThings also sounds very positive to me.

I just hope they allow @ady624 to take it to the next level, without having to go thru a bunch of “red-tape” or corporate delays…

Sometimes in Hollywood they buy your script not to make the movie but they don’t want other studios to make that movie, cause they have a similar but less appealing movie that is already in the making… and they just want to kill the competition…i hope that wont be the case…:))

If they kill webCORE and force us to use their own automation, I will get rid of all of my Samsung devices…

Announcement - Changes to Legacy SmartThings Platform

Cheers to that…
Same here

I too am having problems with time-based triggers for the past few days where they had been working reliably for the past year or more. One thing I did was upgrade to vers 110 from 10f. Might that be related? And is it possible to go back to 10f?

Also, when a time-based triggered piston does run, it is always about 1 min late. Is that also an issue with the system or might it be my network?

I have been having issues too… did your issues ever improve? I am on a SUPER SUPER old version which I am always surprised works. Need to upgrade…