Piston to trigger on schedule unless

Not even sure where to begin so there isn’t a piston built yet and don’t know if it’s possible to do what I’m asking. I’d like a piston to trigger a sprinkler system every other day unless rain occurs.

So on a clear week it’d be: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, etc.

On week with rain it’d be something like this: sprinkler Sunday, Tuesday, rain on Wednesday so sprinkler for Thursday would get pushed back to Friday

Another possible scenario would be: sprinkler Sunday, Tuesday, rain on Thursday would just skip sprinkler for that day and then sprinkler again on Saturday

Can this even be done? I’ve got the rain condition all worked out using either wu api or smart Weather tile, but I’m unsure how to tell webCoRE how to do something every other day and definitely don’t know how to add in the logic that tells it to change schedule. If it is possible then is where you use the count or countif piston?

So what if you setup a Timer to run every 24 hours (at the time you want to run the sprinklers…during the months you want to run the sprinklers).

Then you check for two things, did it rain yesterday, or did you run the sprinklers yesterday.

If either of those are True then set them to false and then wait till tomorrow to evaluate everything again. If neither are true, run the sprinklers and set the sprinkler one to true.

The sprinklers boolean is fairly straight forward…it’s just going to flip on and off as needed. But the rain one you’ll need to recheck later in the day at some point and then set it to true so that you can skip running the sprinklers if it rains several days in a row (for example).

Seems like that should work…

Did you ever get this figured out? I’m doing the same thing with a dumb sprinkler timer. I wrote one piston to log the rain every day for a week and another one to turn on the sprinklers ‘n’ days after the last rain or sprinklers.

The next few days will be the real test…