Pistons won't turn Switch Group off

I created 2 switch groups using the Groups and Scenes app: Seasonal Lights and Outside Lights. Both groups are defined as switch devices. Seasonal contains 1 dimmer and 2 switches. Outside contains 2 dimmers and 4 switches.

The Seasonal group works as expected, turning either on or off when instructed by the Piston.

I only use the Outside group to turn lights off, but it never does, so I must always turn them off manually.

The only difference is can find is that I always command the seasonal group as a whole, i.e. all 3 devices either on or off at the same time. For the Outside group some member devices may be on or off individually, but I want them to all turn off regardless.

I’m playing around with the Use group device to indicate if any members are on? setting so I’ll update once I have results.

I’d appreciate any guidance.

TIA.

It would be good to post the piston and full logs of the piston running with the error.

The piston executes fine. I think the issue is more related to WC and the virtual device created by Hubitat Groups and Scenes app. Sorry I forgot to mention Hubitat is the first post.

Anyway, here is the portion of code that activates the virtual device.

I’ve enabled logging so will post those tomorrow.

After enabling the below feature in my Outside Lights group I now get the expected behavior.

It appears that WC will not send an OFF command to the group device if it thinks the group is already OFF. Enabling this feature will indicate that the group is ON if any device inside that group is ON. I created a test piston and confirmed this behavior multiple times.

I’ll mark this as solved. Thanks to anyone who may have investigated.

On:

It appears that WC will not send an OFF command to the group device if it thinks the group is already OFF. Enabling this feature will indicate that the group is ON if any device inside that group is ON. I created a test piston and confirmed this behavior multiple times.

You could look at:

Great info! As usual there are many ways to accomplish the desired result. This will probably help with pesky issues in a couple of my other pistons.