Play custom test on samsung R1

I would like to play mp3’s or wav files on my computer when a switch is triggered in Smartthings (my computer is connected to wired speakers all over the house). Ive found there is no easy way to do that without using a couple hard to configure apps.
Using webcore can I play custom text on a Samsung R1. If I can what voice does it use and can I change that.
I could then hard wire the R1 to my wired house speakers
Just wanted to ask before i purchased one on Ebay

Jam Voice WiFi speaker with Alexa

There is a discovered API for Samsung R1 speakers, @joelw135 has been playing with them so he may have some more information. The API is available to view here: https://github.com/bacl/WAM_API_DOC

I do this often using the Play command like this. it works great. I don’t think there is a way to hardwired the R1 speakers.
Play Track http://xxxxxxxxxxx.com/Ding_Dong.mp3

Thanks guys I have no problem taking the speakers apart to hardwire them
So with the api the speakers are connected to WiFi and then I use Smartthings app or WebCore to play the sounds
Thanks for the info

So far, the only way I have seen to actually change the voice is using an old Android phone or tablet as a middle man. (For example, I am using the Australian female for most of my announcements, and a British male for weather announcements)

Here is a nice breakdown of the required steps: Making voice announcements with webCoRE
(Alexa is not required for what you want, but if you have one, it is worth following those steps as well)

By the way, the setup time to initially get this working is about 30 minutes. Although, from that point onwards, you only have to add ONE character to any piston to get any phrase to be read out loud.

Thanks.
Right now im using sharptools and tasker to play mp3s on my android phone. My 7 day trial is almost up so with webcore i dont actually need either of them. Is this correct. Also with an old android tablet connected to a computer i would be able to play the mp3s. How do i push the notification to a device without a phone number

There are so many ways to approach this… but keep in mind that to have any advanced control over voice and sound effects, something has to be installed on the device that is handling the speech output. For example, this can be via Tasker on Android, or EventGhost on PC. (both are incredible apps… despite having a bit of a learning curve)

• If you choose the EventGhost on PC, then no further wiring is needed. It will simply listen for a command (sent by webCoRE) and then play a specific file thru your computer speakers. (since your PC is already connected to your speakers throughout your house, this option may be the best for you)

• If you choose the Tasker on Android, then you either go BlueTooth or 3.5m wire to connect the Android to your PC or current sound system. Tasker will be the program listening for a command (sent by webCoRE) and then play a specific file thru your phones speakers, or whatever sound system you have hooked up to it. (Tasker is a bit more powerful than EventGhost, so this is the option I usually recommend)

Either path you take (PC or Android) can do text to speech as well as sound effects, but that device will have to left on 24/7, otherwise you will loose audio notifications.

Side Note:
You will have to find your own sound effects because neither app come with any.

To answer your other question:

Anything playing thru Android can have the voice changed (male / female / speed / pitch / different languages etc). Using Tasker on a device without a phone number should not be a problem because it can listen for any notification. (ie: SMS, email, app notification, SmartThings, etc) Any of those can trigger the text to speech. I tend to do straight notifications on the real important ones for the quickest response. On the less urgent ones, I may go SMS or Email as a notification. This also lets me use different voices for different alerts. Such as:

This is actually quite fun to play around with, and is part of the reason I have my notifications going thru Tasker on my old Android connected to a better speaker via BlueTooth. I think there is typically a half second delay from when the piston runs until the voice begins speaking outloud. The only times the delay is greater is if there is some heavy congestion on my network.

One more food for thought…

If you have:
webCoRE installed for your smart home…
and
Tasker installed on your Android
and
EventGhost installed on your PC

then almost any action in one environment could trigger any reaction in another. Such as, when my computer’s screensaver turns on, then dim my lights in the den to 40%. When the screensaver turns off, return lights to their normal 75% brightness. (this one looks so cool to see it in action)

For an Android example, you could have a light in your house flash blue when your phone gets a weather alert. Or change Android’s wallpaper depending on what Mode the house is in. Or play a sound effect at home as you leave the office.

Since the commands and triggers go both ways, the possibilities are endless really…

Thanks for your input.
I went with EventGhost on my PC
I was struggling all morning to set it up then I found a post here that got it going for me so if it can help someone else
https://diymediahome.org/connect-smartthings-windows-pcs-kodi/
So now when an event triggers in Smarthings it will trigger an event in EventGhost. I dont understand y I would want to setup WebCore with EventGhost
Rick

Well, now that ST can talk to EventGhost, then so can webCoRE. Either can work, but you have a lot more options if you use webCoRE to send the command. (such as: if I am home, and the hours are between 4-8pm, then send a command to EventGhost when my motion detector is active)

Thanks for all your help
Rick