Play Track is not playing MP3

I am trying to create a doorbell since the one I wanted from Aeotec never did come out last year as promised. The issue I am having is that the MP3 is not being played on my Amazon Echo. The speak text is working just fine. What am I doing wrong???

Try putting a wait after the Play Track command. I didn’t try your code, but I suspect the Speak Text command is being executed before the mp3 can even get started.

I thought the same thing. I did have a 2 minute wait in there and that did nothing either. I have also tried other MP3 locations including Google Drive and S3.

I also just swapped the order of the alert and the MP3 and the alert plays fully but no MP3

I stripped down the piston just to test the MP3 and confirm my suspicion about the need for a wait statement after the play mp3. The following (executed with a click of the ‘Test’ button) works for me, playing both the chime and the announcement.

example

That is so odd, I just used your code exactly changing it to my echo, and it still will not play the MP3.

ARGGGGGGGG

Amazon does not want us to use Alexa as an endpoint. At this point in time, to play stuff on Alexa requires our voice, or some sort of hack.

Ah, you did mention the echo in your OP, but I mentally skipped past that part since nearly all of my Amazon echo devices are third-party Sonos Ones, not Amazon’s own Dots or Echos.

I tried the sonos, but the wife did not like that it wiped out her current play list. Do you know of a way that I can play an MP3 and still keep her playlist playing afterwards?

Unfortunately, no.

hey guys. noob here. I want to have my echo play a certain mp3 when my door opens and another mp3 when it closes.

I have a GE door hinge sensor, smart things v3 hub, echo dot 3rd gen.

trying to use your code on webcore but how do I get it to see my echo?

You need to install Echo Speaks App in the ST APP…

"Play Track" on Echo Dot Reads Name of MP3 but Fails to Play It

Yea i figured that out shortly after lol. Looks like everything is working but i cant get any mp3 to play through my echo. I have it set once my door opens to play the mp3 from the url, wait 15 seconds, then say a phrase but all i hear is the phrase, no music.

Did you manage to fix the issue that you were having because I have the same issue now. My Echo won’t play mp3 files same as yours