Possible to get a refresh from a physical switch?

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a multitude of MCO Home 2-gang and 4-gang switches that I am migrating over from Zipato to Smartthings. I have applied a DTH I found at https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-neo-coolcam-mco-z-wave-light-switch/101762 and it works fairly well, but when I press a button physically on the switch, it takes an average of 30 seconds to show up that action on the app, and that only happens because the author of the DTH coded a refresh every one minute into the DTH. So basically nothing happens on Smartthings when I press the switch physically. Any automation (of whichever type) attached to these buttons will have to await that refresh. This is, of course, very inconvenient.

I had a look at the live log when I pressed some of these buttons, and I see that messages are in fact being sent to Smartthings, e.g. the following is what I see when I press buttons 1 and 2 of a 4-gang switch:

450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:37 AM: debug Parsed zw device: 13, command: 2001, payload: 00 to BasicSet(value: 0) to [:]
450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:37 AM: debug Command () called - Dining Light 1 BasicSet(value: 0)
450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:37 AM: debug Event: zw device: 13, command: 2001, payload: 00
450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:29 AM: debug Parsed zw device: 13, command: 2001, payload: FF to BasicSet(value: 255) to [:]
450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:29 AM: debug Command () called - Dining Light 1 BasicSet(value: 255)
450cbed5-2403-4938-9857-b4ef4849bde4 9:15:29 AM: debug Event: zw device: 13, command: 2001, payload: FF

2) What is the expected behaviour?
The expected behaviour would be to see the status of the switch (parent or child) change in the app say within 1, max 2 seconds after a button press. I wonder whether there is any way to trap messages coming from the switch in some way and force a refresh from the physical switch at that point in timeā€¦ Sure it will take a short while, but definitely better than 30 seconds for sure.

3) What is happening/not happening?
At this point in time - as explained, Smartthings takes, on average, 30 seconds (could be one, could be 60 seconds) to realise that the status has changedā€¦ And so automations will run much later than you wanted them to, making them useless in many cases.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]
I donā€™t have anything to paste - I am pretty new to WebCore and have only created one piston as yetā€¦ This may be jumping into the deep end for me but at least knowing whether this is possible and a couple of pointers would be good.

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
Nothing to pasteā€¦ Same reason as above.

Probably one for the SmartThings side of things rather than webCoRE, in particular the DTH author.

I no longer use Z-Wave and know very little about it, but what I see is BasicSet commands not being handled. That is interesting. How old are these devices? Are they running Gen 3 Z-wave rather than Gen 5 Z-Wave Plus? I do know that there used to be a patent issue that meant older devices couldnā€™t update their status instantly using BasicReport, hence the need for polling. There was, however, a workaround that could be used involving Association Groups, if that is the Z-Wave term.

At that point I am already out of my depth but I think the gist of it was that you pretended the hub was a device to be turned on and off, hence the BasicSet commands. So maybe that is what you are seeing. Or maybe I am talking rot. Whatever is happening, your DTH isnā€™t expecting it. I see other Z-Wave handlers seem to process incoming BasicSet events but then they donā€™t have the multichannel stuff to confuse the issue.

Thank you for your replyā€¦ I thought, likely mistakenly, that perhaps I could raise a webCoRE event triggered by an entry in the logā€¦ and maybe force a refresh at that point in time every time I detect activity from the switch, which would not overload the system as it only happens when someone in the house touches a switch. Indeed, I would no longer need the frequent refreshes from every switch and I would reduce them from every 1 minute to say every 5 or 10 minutes.

In any case, how can I tell the Version of Z-wave they are running please? Is it the ā€œzwv:3.67ā€ I see in the Raw Description?

Iā€™ve tried to look for this, unsuccessfully - where have you seen this please? SmartThings Community?

I usually look at the logo on the device. If it is Z-Wave Plus it says so.

On the internet in general in discussions about Z-Wave ā€˜Instant Statusā€™ I think.

To be honest my knowledge is superficial and my use of terminology is probably wrong.

Thank you. In any case, so, my assumption that something in webCoRE could be done was wrong, so I will have to look elsewhere.

Many thanks for your assistance, nevertheless!

Yes, webCoRE just works with attribute change events so it is a device handler issue.