Power is out alert using the Hub's power status

1) Give a description of the problem
Webcore has the ability to use the Hub’s power source changing to battery power to trigger pistons but when I create a simple Piston to send a text when changing to battery power it does not fire

2) What is the expected behavior?
simply to trigger my piston upon the Hub power source changing to battery

3) What is happening/not happening?
Piston does not trigger upon the change to battery power but it does trigger if I change the Hub’s power to battery and then test fire the piston

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

Anyone use this parameter to fire a piston or know enough about WebCore that can help me figure this out?

Try…

If
Hub power source changes to battery
Or
Hub power source is battery
Then
Do…

If Hub power source changes to battery
or
If Hub power source is battery

Both do not work. Even now in Test mode for the Piston with ‘If Hub source is battery’ it does not trigger. Just not seeing that state from the Hub. @ady624 hate to bug you but since you are the guy, any ideas?

I have this but do not have batteries in so I suppose its pointless.
What it does do though is give me a push notification when my hub updates or goes offline. Very strange.

Post a screenshot of the revised piston.

Also check out the following tile piston…

@bobbles that is very strange!

@jkp Here is the revised piston that you requested a screenshot on:

I did not see the other thread on the same subject until you just posted here. Obviously power notifications off of the Hub are just not working for the majority (all?) users right now. Just another SmartThings bug. It can be so frustrating sometimes :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::no_mouth:

I’ve got a simple piston setup and unplugging the hub from the wall doesn’t seem to trigger it but same as you @bobbles it fires every timer he firmware updates - assuming because it reboots.

In case anyone is still following this, I found a bug in the code that I fixed and submitted a pull request that was accepted and it should be in the newest version of WebCore - please see this pull request for more information - https://github.com/ady624/webCoRE/pull/99#event-3078242766

It appears this is still not working. Glad I’m not the only one. I created a simple piston to send a push notification when the hub switches to battery, basically so I can get an alert when power goes out at my house. Tested multiple times by pulling the power cord, and appears to do nothing.