Power monitor status

exactly.

add an integer counter. every time you send a notification increment the counter. stop sending notifications after the counter value is how many ever notifications you want. remember to reset the counter value to zero when the power did change, which is the else for the current if inside the timer.

I’d do it if I knew how to :slight_smile:

post your latest green snapshot with the piston code and I will create an example for you.

Thanks

try this:

Thanks…and I tested it - max notifications is 2 - as long as the condition reverts, it looks like it resets the counter :slight_smile:
Nice work…

excellent.

thank you. :slight_smile:

You’re going to laugh. I had two readings that were they same and gusss what I got? Meter warning. Lol. No rush, but I’m worried if there’s a way to devise another hoop it has to jump through in order to trigger a warning (maybe the same reading a few times, not just once.).

well, probability was pretty high given that we all have finite number of devices in our homes so at any given time of day the same devices may be on for the 5 minute window. heres the details of my wattvision device from the IDE. are you able to post the same information for yours?

I know this is an old thread, and this is my first post, so apologies. After losing $$$ in food from circuit breaker popping in our garage, I am trying to monitor power outages. I have a Zooz Zen15 and a SmartThings hub. I have tried modifying your/this Piston but I am not having any success during testing.

I have changed the timer to 2 minutes, only for testing purposes. Ultimately, I am really just looking for zero change over 1-3 hours, and get notified via text or email. I am not sure what I am missing, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you