Presence comes and goes every few minutes

presence

Within the last week I started having an issue with using the presence in the standard smartthings app that when I am at home it shows me arriving and leaving every few minutes on my Iphone. As you can imagine this cause numerous issues with pistons.

I’ve contacted support and they were no help. I rebooted everything and remove my iphone and readded it but continue to have the same issues. So then I tried the new presence within webcore but am getting the same issues. My girlfriend who also has an iPhone it works perfect for her like it did for me for the last year.

Any thoughts? I’m desperate.
Thanks

The stock ST presence sensor is buggy as all hell for me - The WC Presence sensor is (usually … 99% of the time) a hellovalot better.

I was looking at using the WC Presence along with Life360 for ‘two factor’ presence - or if I can ever figure out a reliable way to use my Automatic Pro in my car …

Give the WebCore mobile app a shot and see if that is more reliable for you :slight_smile:

Thanks John. I started using the WebCore mobile app this weekend but am still seeing the same arrive - leave arrive every few minutes which makes me think it might be something with my physical phone but I dont know what changed to start causing issues.

Turn on debug in the WC created presence sensor and look to see if your accuracy is jumping around all over the place. If that’s the case you’re going to have to adjust your circles to be larger.