Presence not working after iOS 15

1) Give a description of the problem
I have several pistons relying on my iPhone’s presence. They all stopped working about a week ago, when I updated to iOS 15. I have triede turning off/on the phone, disabling/enabling location services and so on - doesn’t help. Is anyone else having this problem?

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Pistons should execute whenever I leave home or come home. None of them have executed for over a week now.

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I wonder if everybody on iOS 15 will experience this issue with the webCoRE presence sensor. I’m still on 14. So I’m going to wait and see.

I’ve not been using mine for a while, but reactivated a test piston to try it out, and its working for me on ios15.

Yes. Same here. Stopped working after I updated to iOS 15😤

I am just using the app presence sensor. Working fine before/after ios15.

WebCoRE app or ST app?

@Eric182 Sorry for the confusion: ST app

I had to rest my network and location settings to get presence working again in WebCoRE.

just following up if OP has had this resolved?

i seem to have the same issue. i had two instances of my phone on the IDE. of course, i picked and deleted the active one.

i am able to successfully add the active phone as Webcore presence sensor and can call/pick it on Webcore dashboard BUT i cannot add it to my ST app.

help please.

iOS 15.3 appears to have resolved the presence issue for ST presence sensors.

I am unclear on the remaining issue of not being able to add it to ST app. Can you provide more details on what you are referring to? Did you enable get location for this iPhone in menu > settings?

yes. as you can see, the other 3 sensors are Webcore Presence sensors. i can’t add myself the same way as the other 3 (as a webcore presence sensor).

with the automation that i created i can’t add myself as a webcore presence sensor as well. enabling location settings on my iphone, is the only way i can be added as a presence sensor.

on the IDE side of things, my phone type is designated as “Placeholder”

on the Webcore dashboard however, my phone is detected as a presence sensor

all this issue im having was because there were two instances of my phone as presence sensors and i while tidying up, i of course deleted the active phone device.

is the webcore presence sensor not supported by the new ST app anymore? but why are my other 3 devices still detected as such? why is my phone getting a “placeholder” device type instead of “webcore presence sensor”?

Mobile Presence in the ST apps uses a modern mobile connected integration rather than a legacy Groovy Device Type Handler as used by webCoRE. The IDE is built on the legacy platform that only understands Device Types so modern integrations are presented with ‘placeholder’ Device Types.

In the mobile apps, the apps’ underlying Mobile Presence devices are deliberately masked from the UI and for Routines the Member Locations concept is used instead. This basically allows typical combinations of multiple Mobile Presence devices to be used at the cost of a single condition.

All other presence sensors, such as webcoRE, are still accessed as the actual devices in Routines.

It sounds to me like you have somehow deleted the webCoRE Presence Sensor device from your phone and it needs recreating. However that doesn’t explain why webCoRE seems to be able to see it unless it is just out of sync.

It is making sense now.

You deleted the webcore presence sensor from IDE. You created get location from the phone in he ST app which shows with placeholder in IDE and you selected it to be used with webcore which is what is in your piston.

To add the webcore presence sensor back… follow the instructions in the following thread…

thank you. i have the IDE DEVICE HANDLER setup already.

and have done the the install instructions. I have added my phone as a presence sensor on the Webcore smartthings app BUT what is odd is, its not showing under “Which Senors” category like the 3 other Webcore presence sensors that i have. my device does show up on the list under “Capability group 2” along with the 3 other presence sensor devices.

would really appreciate your help as this has been driving me nuts now…

That does seem a little odd. The ‘Sensor’ tagging capability has been deprecated for years but unless ST have finally decided to kill it off (they haven’t as far as I can see) it isn’t clear why the device isn’t listed there.