Presence Tiles piston

tiles
presence

I am curious, is “place” and “LeftPlace” defined in your Variable section, or is “nothing selected” for the initial value? If the variables are predefined defined, try changing them to nothing selected, and define the terms in the body of the piston, like above “IsPersonAtHome”.

@JDogg016 please share your piston once you have it updated and you are comfortable with how it is working! There are things you are working out, that I have bumped into too.

I can help you when I’m home tonight, I figured out how to do what you are trying to accomplish since I couldn’t do a multiple IF statements too.

I think I would only like to change the color of the tile based on location. If I am near noplace it is blue and if I am at (or near) someplace it is green.

That’s the last step.

@JDogg016: You are getting this error because webCoRE doesn’t support multiple IF statements, at least it has never worked for me regardless of how I tried. Use Ternary operators for multiple conditions.

I didn’t test this but it would look something like this:
({currentPlace} == {nearPlace} ? “At {currentPlace} at {$time}” :
(({currentPlace} == " " ? ({nearPlace} != " " ? “Is near {nearPlace} at {$time}” : “Left {currentPlace} at {$time}” ))))

Hi, I just can’t seem to get this to show anything on my webcore dashboard despite following the above instructions to the letter, I’ve categorised the piston under ‘presence’ and I’ve selected ‘details and tiles’ but only details show up. If I select ‘tiles’ the whole category ‘collapses’ hiding all pistons but it shows no images.

Only thing I manually entered was the ‘string tiletexthome’ value as this just showed up as a load of x’s (akin to what was seen in an earlier post) - accordingly, I just copied the value and placed it in so it looks like yours.

Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong? Piston below:

before any if tiles show up one of presence sensors will need to change between present <> not present.

has that happened already?

Ah, no, not yet!