1) Give a description of the problem
I have a piston that is using a while loop based on a contact change condition, which is not working as expected.
2) What is the expected behaviour?
Essentially, this piston is used to remind me to give my son his medication. The piston runs once every day and:
- Checks to see if a contact sensor was opened or closed in the last two hours (this is the condition of for the while loop
- If the contact sensor was not opened or closed in the last 2 hours, triggers another sensor, which in turn will trigger an Alexa routine telling me that I have not opened his medication.
- The piston will sleep for 10 minutes, then check again and trigger the Alexa routine again.
3) What is happening/not happening?
The piston seems to always trigger the Alexa routine every 10 minutes, starting at the time when the piston is initially triggered by the schedule. This happens even though I’ve opened and closed the trigger contact sensor within the expected timeframe.
**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]
5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)
REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.