Push notification

hi all.

i finally am putting myself to task by re-creating my CoRe pistons to weBcoRe. unfortunately, i have come to a stumbling block in PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.

im trying to re-create this;

IF
◦ Any of Bathroom, Bedroom fan, Bedroom hallway, Foyer, Kitchen, Living Room Fan, Living room, dining room or bedroom light switch is on
indoorLights
◦ The House is Away
THEN…
Using location…
► Send Push notification ‘These lights are still on:{indoorLights}. Lights off routine will execute in 5 minutes.’ (only for Away)
► Wait 5 minutes
► Execute routine ‘Lights Off’
ELSE IF
◦ Time is before 60 minutes after sunset
◦ The House is Vacation
THEN…
Using location…
► Pause piston ‘Lights Left On While Away’
ELSE
THEN…
Using location…
► EXIT

now on Webcore i cant figure out how to come up with the PUSH NOTIFICATION .

i have come across this post

but i am not sure if this is what i am looking for.

thank you for your help.

Maybe this will help.

In the IF statement where you add your devices click on the cog icon for advanced options and you can store the devices that match in another variable.

So you can do something like

If Any Of Device1,Device2,Device3 are on Store them in Variable1.

Then try using the push notification with Variable1 and it should have your list of ON devices.

Hopefully that helps.

thanks. ill try them out as soon as I get home.

i tried but now, i may need to figure out how to create variable i.e. Variable1 to store the the devices.

when i try to select “store the list of matching devices into variable” i only see “nothing selected”.

thanks again for your kind help.

I think that you need to pre-define a DEVICE variable in the Add a New Variable section for storing the meta data of devices.

This is correct. One of the options at the top of the screen will show the variables section and you can create them there. I’m not near a computer so can’t say exactly. But this should help.

Then you’ll be able to add your own. You do definitely need to add a device variable. It should be empty to start. So just give it a name and make it a device variable.