PUSH Notifications Not Working

1) Give a description of the problem
I’m trying to get notifications working on a new Fire 10 tablet I’m using to run my security system. It’s rooted and working well otherwise. It has a new install of ST Classic on it.

2) What is the expected behavior?
I am doing a VERY simple test piston to test the notifications and would expect them to pop up a notification on the tablet.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The notification appears in ST’s Notification Log when I test the piston. It also pops up notifications on my PHONE, but NOT on the tablet.

That’s about as simple a test as I can think of and it just isn’t working. Does anyone know of some sort of setting I may be missing?

I don’t have the new Fire tablet but have you checked the App settings for the ST Classic to make sure it’s got the permission to send notification? I know you can selectively turn them on/off in the newer Android flavors.

Under Settings/Manage Applications I bring up Smartthings and there’s a box near the top left that says “Notifications” and that’s checked.

There was a bit of oddity getting this to install on the tablet. When I went to install I got caught at the hub setup (which is wrong as this is just a secondary software install for a new device). I had to act like a new user and once I got to that screen I then chose Sign In which let me get in. All my devices, smartapps and such are all here and it clearly interacts with my current system just fine except for this notifications.

Another oddity is that other apps (like Tasker) are putting notifications in the notification try as is Google Play Store, etc.

Hi @Agrajag,

Having the same exact issue as you. Push notifications work on my iPhone with the legacy ST app and newer one, but not on my new Fire HD 8 Plus tablet.

Have you found a solution or workaround for this?