Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
manager
occupancy
rules
automation

ok. thanks.

with the multi-rule processing i am changing the rules processing logic a bit let me address this at the same time.

the new logic should be as following:

1. if matching rules have no lux and no time all of those rules will be executed.
  2. if matching rules has lux the rule with the lowest lux value < current lux value will be executed. if there are multiple matching rules with the same lux value all of them will be executed.
  3. if matching rules has time all rules that match that current time will be executed.
  4. if matching rules have lux and time the rule with the lowest lux value < current lux value and matching time will be executed. if there are multiple matching rules with the same lux value and matching time all of them will be executed.

how does that sound?

@nathancu since you are interested in the multi rule processing would you please review the above and confirm if this works for you as well?

thank you.

Works :slight_smile:

That sounds perfect!

UPDATE: updated version 0.09.7 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.09.7
*   DONE:   1/11/2018
*   1) addeed night switches control from device tiles indicators
*   2) added setting to keep room in engaged state based on continuous presence and not just presence change.
*   3) refactored how another room engaged works and checks for continuous presence before reseting room state.
// TODO
*   4) added resetting of asleep state to engaged state reset. will probably make that an option later.
// TODO
*   5) started work on adding thermostate to maintain room temperature. going to change this to use rules
*       which will require a significant change to how rules work so wanted to push everything else out before
*       starting the work to change maintain room temperature to use rules.
*   6) added another optimization when getting rules to allow getting conditions only.
*   7) move is busy check to motion handler instead of downstream.
*   8) added multiple rule processing with the following evaluation logic:
*       a) if matching rules have no lux and no time all of those rules will be executed.
*       b) if matching rules has lux the rule with the lowest lux value < current lux value will be
*           executed. if there are multiple matching rules with the same lux value all of them will be executed.
*       c) if matching rules has time all rules that match that current time will be executed.
*       d) if matching rules have lux and time the rule with the lowest lux value < current lux value and
*           matching time will be executed. if there are multiple matching rules with the same lux
*           value and matching time all of them will be executed.
*   9) timer indicator now uses minutes when time is over 60 seconds.
*   10) fixed a few small bugs here and there.

note the todos.

could you please give this a try on the latest version.

thank you.

UPDATE: updated version 0.09.8 to github with the following contribution from @TonyFleisher:

*  Version: 0.09.8
*   MERGED:   1/12/2018
*   1) added switches for occupied state and corresponding settings by https://github.com/TonyFleisher.

thanks for the contribution @TonyFleisher!

just did the updates and now I can not access my rooms configs or add a new room. when I went into live loggin I see this:

742c6aa5-ba65-466c-8e02-df871d0fb757 5:40:09 PM: error org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script_app_rooms_chil_a6a37491_4199_42e6_aa7c_bcae1b6ac566_ver_1_5: 1243: expecting EOF, found ‘}’ @ line 1243, column 2.
}}
^

1 error

sorry editor added a auto bracket … removed … please try again.

okay appears to be good to go so far. will let you know if anything else pops up.

UPDATE: updated version 0.09.9 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.09.9
*   DONE:   1/14/2018
*   1) added variable years to date filter.

Sorry to get back with you so late. I finally had time to test it out with the new version. The new rules you wrote are working. Was able to get the rules to kick in based on below:

UPDATE: updated version 0.10.0 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.10.0
*   DONE:   1/18/2018
*   1) added one page easy settings for first time users.

Is there a way to set Room Manager to disarm between certain times. For instance if I don’t want the Room to turn lights on or off between a certain time or when in a certain Mode when motion is detected. I have a light going on at 4:50 am and fading up to 80% by 5:00 am. Then I want the light to stay on at 80% until 6:00 am at which time it will turn off. This is done with webcore. However, my Room is turning the light off because it recognizes motion. But I have a rule set to turn the lights on when in HOME, MOVIE Mode between 7:00-23:00. This seems to work because when I come in the room before 7:00 am the lights stay off. Also, I have the Mode set for Night which doesn’t turn to HOME until 6:00 am. So how do I get this to not do anything before 6:00 am?

in mode and other settings select night as a pause mode.

I will try that, thanks!

you could also set the room to locked via piston in webcore during the desired time period

Please correct me if I am wrong.

sure you could also do that. though the app does natively support what OP asked for.

This did work to keep the light from turning off. Now I just have to figure out what is wrong with the rest of the piston. :smirk:

use rooms occupancy and also ask alexa? integration to support querying and setting occupancy state via ask alexa coming soon courtesy of @MichaelS on ST forum. check out the pre-release announcement here:

thanks again @MichaelS.

UPDATE: updated to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.10.7
*   DONE:   1/26/2018
*   1) added support for switch to set room to locked.
*   2) added support for random welcome home and left home messages. multiple messages can be specified delimited
*       by comma and one of them will be randomly picked when making the annoucement.
*   3) added support for switch to set room to asleep.
*  Version: 0.10.6
*   DONE:   1/24/2018
*   1) added support for power value to set room to asleep.
*  Version: 0.10.5
*   DONE:   1/23/2018
*   1) added rules support for maintaining temperature.