Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
manager
occupancy
rules
automation

Here are my settings for the Basement Room…

thanks for sharing. there are 3 motion sensors. the code waits for the motion inactive event to trigger setting the room vacant timer. every time a new motion inactive event is received the room vacant timer is restarted.

little puzzled at why the light would be turning off. would you be able to share a little more details of the steps leading to the light getting turned off?

also could you please turn off the toggle to reset room from engaged directly move to vacant state and check if that makes a difference?

thanks.

OK, I changed the engaged directly move to vacant off. I will have to see what that does. What was happening is that I have three motion sensors in the basement rec room. One at the top of the stairs, one in the TV room and one in my office area. I was about a foot away from the motion sensor in my office and it was staying on “motion”. The other two were “No Motion”. However, the lights would turn off. It was like it was ignoring the one that was still in “Motion”. And it seemed that because the one was in constant “Motion” (it stayed in Motion I guess because I was right in front of it) that it was stuck but it wasn’t because once I left the room the lights eventually went off. But the one that stayed in motion didn’t have the usual “Motion has stopped” and “Motion Detected” in the Recently log. It just had “Motion Detected” until I left.

cool. ok.

got it. making a change that will hopefully address this constant motion scenario. should have it out tomorrow.

thanks for your patience.

Glad to help! Thanks for sticking with this issue.

UPDATE: updated version 0.08.3 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.08.3
*   DONE:   12/12/2017
*   1) added support for wake and sleep times to calculate level and color temperature.
*   2) add support to process rules every 15 minutes so switches state/level/color temperature is updated.
*   3) fix for continuous motion with motion sensor.

if using ‘AL’ (auto level) and also turn on auto color temperature control the settings curve looks like this:

where as if you use AL with out auto color temperature feature the auto leveling looks more like a triangle.

these are not static settings but are calculated based on the ‘AL’ settings but the ‘wave’ will kind of look like that based on those settings.

the room should now stay in occupied state when there is continuous motion.

Got the update, thanks! Will see what happens.

Can I get some help on my super simple laundry room issue?

My light switch keeps turning on with no motion, I’ve checked the sensor.

Here’s what I see from the switch:

I can’t show my overall room settings because the view all settings doesn’t display.

I tried deleting the entire room last night and making a new one, but get the same result. The light keeps coming on…

You need to post the piston. Also the settings for the Room Manager.

What happens when you click on view all settings? Does it show an error in the app or in the ST IDE under live logging?

Also, are you on the latest version for both the DTH and the 2 apps are they all updated?

I did just update everything this morning and published.

Here is the error i get in live logging when trying to view all settings (in red):

got it. i am checking where it could be coming from.

can you please go thru all the settings screen for the room and resave them?

I tried that a couple times and still seem to be getting the issue :frowning:

As I mentioned, I went as far as disabling all the devices, rules etc. Then deleting the, “thing,” laundry room.

I was then able to actually remove the room via the Rooms Manager app. Everything was gone for that room at that point.

I then created a new room, device associations and rule. I am still seeing that, “Laundry Room sent on command to light switch.” There has not been motion in that room for over 12 hours (verified from the sensor).

in the rules do you have a date specified in either the from date or to date field? if so, can you please delete both of those fields in the rule(s) save it and then try the view all settings?

lets see if we can figure out the date issue. seeing all setting will make it easier to triage.

Nope, I have no dates or times specified.

Just a motion sensor and switch.

ok, i am trying to reproduce myself.

In lieu of showing the settings, here is all that I defined:

I have one rule that has a lux set at 2000 and turn on one switch in the room (the one that mysteriously keeps being turned on seemingly randomly)

think i have fixed the view all settings issue. could you please update from repo and give that a shot? just want to make sure the issue still happens when the error is not thrown.

meanwhile i will try to reproduce this the motion/light issue by creating a room with these settings. thanks.

EDIT: sorry dont see the rules in these snapshots. if you will please update and share the view all settings snapshot that would be better. thank you.

View all settings is fixed.

Here is the setup for that room: