Samsung Smart Microwave commands

Good day!
I just installed a new Samsung microwave and am trying to figure out how to operate the fan from webcore. Also of note, in ST the microwave has a child device called hood that I cannot find in device authorization for webcore. I do not know if the expected behavior is to be able to make calls to the child device from the parent device.

So I guess my questions are;

Is there a way to understand all the valid commands that exist for device Microwave? (I’m guessing it needs string based input based on available commands?)

Should I expect to find a child device and be able to authorize it within ST for webcore?
Here are the available commands for device Microwave.

Just to be sure, have you checked through all the Capability Groups or just the main two device lists?

What capabilities does the child device use? WebCoRE only knows about a subset of the available ones.

I went ahead and walked back through every group and sub item that wasn’t greyed out. Microwave only shows up under group 3 switches, and Hood (the child device) doesn’t show up anywhere. I updated webcore to the latest version and checked again, still no dice. The child device in ST knows about light and fan on/off +speed. In the IDE the child device hood shows basically nothing, not even events that are initiated from the ST apps are recording. Keeping in mind everything does actually work from the ST app as expected. I think it might be an incomplete implementation. Also, I do not see fan events under the microwave parent device, though I do see when we nuke a cup of coffee.

I wouldn’t expect to see much in the IDE. The IDE is part of the legacy ecosystem which is built around Groovy Device Type Handlers. It is fine with the DTH-like handlers implemented in the hub firmware but that is pretty much it. The various current integration types are handled with placeholder device types but there is only so much compatibility.

WebCoRE only knows about the limited number of capabilities that are hard coded into it. It can work with the others, including custom capabilities, but when it comes to authorising devices it has to request lists of devices based on specific capabilities and it can only ask for those it understands. Maybe it would be possible to build a dynamic list (I don’t know) but it doesn’t.

On the off case this helps someone, this is how I got it working.

The device control works correctly with Alexa (meaning all fan controls etc). Alexa routines have a limited subset of devices you can perform actions from. In my case, I want to perform an action based on an Awair device which is not supported in Alexa routines. I created a Simulated Contact Sensor which is set open or closed depending on the air quality(in webcore). I am then able to action from Open or Closed in Alexa routines, turning the microwave hood fan on or off.