Sauna Piston to turn light on when reaching specific temp and turn off if falling below again

1) Give a description of the problem
Montior temp sensor. If sensor temp rises above 90 C turn on light.
Keep light on as long as above 90 C
If temp falls below 90, turn light off.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

May I make an observation and suggestion?

Observation : How many times in one hour do you think your Contact Sensor 3’s temperature will be greater than 90 or less than 85? Possibly several, depending on the cycle time of your device. You may get several PUSH notifications an hour.

There are MANY ways to handle this. I would suggest doing:

If Contact Sensor 3’s temperature rises above 90
Then
Do X

If Contact Sensor 3’s temperature drops below 85
Then
Do X

agree 100% with @Pantheon

You can also use a variable for not getting multiple SMS messages but that makes your piston more complicated…
The best is using triggers instead of conditions…
When you use what he suggests, you will only get a single SMS each time the temp RISES ABOVE 90.

Agree with the above comments but I have a question: What temperature sensor are you using for your sauna? Is it in the heating line or floating in the sauna? This sounds like a great idea.

It’s a samsung window sensor, I use the temp only and have it under the bench. So when the sauna is 90 C on top, its 65 C under the bench. Then I turn the light on so I can see from the house that the sauna is ready.

It also gracefully shuts down my esxi server rack next to the sauna, so my wife is happy too. Once sauna cools off, servers turn back on. :slight_smile:

V2.0: added echo-speak and now Alexa plays SAUNA by Dynamic Duo on Spotify when the sauna is ready.
webocre triggers echo-speak.Ilove it
https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/configuration/smartthings/config_app/