Schlage Fe599 problem

I have recently moved and I’m not able to use my Schlage deadbolt I had so I purchased a Schlage Fe599 lever style lock. I am able to do basic things in the classic Smartthings app but even though Webcore sees it as a device, nothing seems to work, not even the simple piston below. Does this device require a special device handler? I’m at a total loss. This example uses “unlocked with timeout” but I’m tried just locked as well.

I tested your piston and it works using gets unlocked but not with gets unlocked with timeout

Thanks for testing. I’ve tried it both ways and can’t get it to work at all. Webcore says it’s subscribed and everything but it’s like it’s not “listening” or whatever. Worked fine with the schlage deadbolt. I’m wondering if there is some conflict since I had the deadbolt before. I removed it from Smartthings but I’m about to the point of unpairing the lever one and starting all over.

Can you test it with:

IF lock CHANGES TO unlocked?

Also, I would test using “Log to console” instead of Echo Speaks. (too unreliable)

Hi WCmore.

I think I tried that, I tried a lot of different things, but I’ll give it a shot. On my way out for the night so I’ll check in the morning.

I tried initially using Dome Siren, just changed to the Alexa thing to rule out any issues with the Dome. Tried a Hue light as well. I’ll try Log to console(never used that, but I’m sure I can figure it out.

Thanks!

You can also turn Logging Level to Full to reveal what is happening behind the scenes…
(if “Trace” is turned on, then the numbers will match up with the log)

Already have it to full. Shouldn’t it record something, even to tell me the state never changed when I enter a lock code? Because if so, it never logs anything, except when I do a test. I’ve even tried select all lock codes so no matter which one I enter, it should trigger it.

I have to go into the office for a few hours but I’ll do some more testing later today and let you know what happens.

Thanks

I’ve removed it, excluded it, re paired it, and still can’t trigger anything. Any ideas? It doesn’t even throw anything in the logs.

This means that your focus should be on line 13… If all possible triggers fail for that IF, then my next step would be to seek out a solid Device Handler for that device.

To clarify, try a single IF line using various trigger options… It might also be helpful to create a single line piston testing commands sent to that device as well…

If webCoRE cannot detect triggers, nor send commands to the device, then yes, definitely… Seek out a Device Handler over here:

community.smartthings.com/search?q=Schlage%20Fe599

Thanks, I was just about to do that when I saw your reply. That or pull it off the door and throw it out the window. :slight_smile:

There are quite a few good discussions about your device on that last link…

I think I’m just going to buy the rBoy one. Hate to spend the money because I don’t think I’ll use much other than the device handler but it looks like I have to buy it all to get it.

Thanks WCmore.

It is up to you… I saw reference to a free (community made) device handler in that link…

Oh OK. I’ll read a bit more then.

Thanks again.