Schlage lock does not report locked or unlocked

Anybody else have a Schlage lock? Mine will at times not report that its being unlocked or locked. I have to go into Hub (Hubitat) and click on refresh.

Do a search in the Hubitat forum for “Schlage lock” and you will find many reasons why they are problematic, both in Hubitat, and webcore.

Could it be radio problems?
I have a few devices which often fail to report their status following a successful on/off operation from a WC piston. I’ve wondered if theyre faulty or just slightly out of range.
I’ve been wondering about writing a piston to periodically perform a refresh.

I use Reliable Locks app on my Schlage locks.

thanks, guys I tried Reliable Locks but still the same result. I don’t think it’s a radio problem the lock is only a few feet from the hub. I think its when I manually lock or unlock the lock that it does not update the hub. Is that a way to write a piston to refresh the lock every 15 min

Not sure something like this would solve your lock status problem though. Reliable Locks seems to work well for me. Does your lock status update correctly with direct control from the device page? If not, you may have a mesh issue. However, many of us here have had variable happiness with Schlage locks, me included.

Thanks for the piston.
I just tried it this morning and unlocked the lock manually and that updated in Hubitat but 15 min later I looked it and it didnt update and then 10 min later unlocked it and that didnt report either. I have to click the refresh to update. So Im not sure Y the lock does not report. Ill try the piston you sent. I have a sensor on the door so Ill use that when the door opens then Ill get the lock to refresh

I wonder if it’s a radio issue? If the door has metal in it, it could be sheilding. Could you try putting a repeater device closer to the door? Not sure if the lock is z-wave or zigbee, but an appropriate mains powered device may help the network. I’ve had to do this to get reliable comms to the smart plugs behind my washer & tumble dryer - lots of metal in the way of the signal!

I’ll try that, Is that any Z-wave device that will plug into an outlet by the door? thanks
I did notice last night that the door was unlocked but it wasn’t until about 20 min later that Hubitat was updated. Would that still be a radio issue? I’m thinking its the lock

I think most non battery powered z-wave devices work as a repeater. It’s worth checking the specs. It can also take a few days for the network to adjust the mesh to take advantage of any new devices to the mesh.
I’m not sure if its a radio issue if it works after 20 mins, but could be a poll from somewhere, either the device or hubitat accessing it again for some reason