Send notification from webcore pistons to Home Assistant?

Hi,

Is there a way to send notifiations from WC pistons to Home Assistant. I would like to get some sort of home automation log and use it as card on HA dashboard. Let’s say for example who left home, who came back, when washing machine is ready with timestamps of course. I already have built my every piston to send notifications but I have no idea how to send notifications to Home Assistant.

Have you seen this? I think it lets HA see and control HE devices. I’ve not used this myself.

There is another integration that works the other way (allows HE to see HA devices) I’ve used this one. It installs from HPM (HE-HA-control)

You could then set virtual devices in WC, that HA would be able to access.

I have. I’m the guy who wrote the last message concerning about the same issue. Intergration at the moment doesn’t allow us to send notifications and that is why I’m asking if there is another way by using webcore :slight_smile:

What sort of notification do you want to send?
I’ve made use of nodeRed for some integration solutions. WC could call out to a nodeRed flow listening for an http request for example

I want to send just a message when something happens. I’m not sure what type of notification should it be but at the moment I have built all my pistons to send device push notifications to one hubitat virtual device which then collects latest 5 notifications to one (notificationtext) attribute. I’m using that attribute in my sharptools dashboard and just “print out” what it says.

Now I would like to get all those notifications somehow to Home Assistant so that I’m able to use them in my HA dashboard same way as I’m using them in my Sharptools dashboard at the moment. Easy and quick look of what happened and when…that’s my point.

I think that this might be something that just is not possible. I’m guessing people using HA are creating their notifications straight from home devices in Home Assistant without using hubitat and webcore. I would like to keep Hubitat as main system but …yeah…dream on…

I guess it’s down to what devices are supported by the HE to HA integration, and which attributes are available.

I’m no expert on HA, I’ve only just scratched the surface, but wonder if it’s worth asking on there? I would expect there to be some method to receive data via http or mqtt which you could then display on the HA dashboard.

I’m not sure if there is an mqtt app for HE (I’ve not used one) but you could get WC send data via http to a nodered instance/flow, which could then send an mqtt message to HA. I’m guessing you can write some config (yaml?) to receive mqtt messages and create devices from them. I’m just going from the espresence I’ve had a play with on HA, which takes mqtt messages from esp32 micro controllers.

I’ve got curious on this. This may be what I was thinking, but it’s beyond my current HA understanding!

I actually found a way to do this.

1. created virtual mobile app to Hubitat
  2. created new args piston to webcore which runs everytime when other piston creates notifications
  3. with args piston those notifications are every time sent to virtual mobile app
  4. then with HA-hubitat integration I got the virtual device and notificationtext attribute enabled in Home Assistant
  5. then installed logbook lovelace card in Home Assistant
  6. Now I’m able to choose what notifications I want to receive and show those in Home Assistant Dashaboard

:slight_smile: