Send notification only to the device which trigger the event

1) Give a description of the problem
I cannot send push notification to only one device, since push notification goes to all devices which are added to ST.
I have 6 presence sensor in ST (android and iOS phone basically) however notification should be sent only to the person who has changed presence status like “Present / Away” at the location.

I’ve used “send PUSH notification” but I suppose it’s not the proper way.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I would like to create a piston to send push notification based on presence sensor status (Present / Away) only to the device which is triggering the change.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Everyone receive the notification but only one person should be

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

Yes, as you undoubtedly noticed, the PUSH sends to every member so everyone gets the message. However, if you use “send SMS message to 123-555-1212…”, you can send to an individual device.

Thanks for the hint.
Can I set send SMS message without phone number? Like this

I don’t believe you can but if you create a variable containing all your devices and a string with your corresponding list of phone numbers you can use indexOf() and arrayItem() to look up the appropriate number for the SMS.

guxdude is correct here. SMS is expecting something in the form of a phone number, this can be a calculated value as he suggests.

Thanks. This is what I am looking for.
Do you have an example? :roll_eyes:

Try this:

Given the language of your messages in your original piston, I suspect your telephone numbers may be of a different length than mine. After you put in your numbers, also edit the phoneNumberLength constant to match the length of one phone number.

Thanks a lot!

Here’s a slight revision which guxdude helped me out with. It turns out that the arrayItem() function will work on a comma-separated string as if it was an array. So my fancy stuff with the mid function isn’t needed and the phone numbers can be any length or even different lengths. I added in another string so the message can call each entity by name. Here is the revised version:

I did get one thing wrong:
You need to change $device to $currentEventDevice in all 3 If {$device} is equal to… statements. Otherwise it will send every message to everyone in the list.
Oops.

A little late but for future reference you could just say

deviceIndex=indexOf(allDevices,$currentEventDevice)

This avoids the loops and goes straight to the device of interest.