(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)
Email to be sent from Gmail account and be shown in sent items
3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)
Nothing happening. No email sent nor received
4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

09/04/2020, 23:03:14 +289ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Home].execute = 213.249.254.238 with a delay of 67ms
+448ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 18ms > PS > 423ms > PE > 6ms > CE
+450ms ║Runtime (38749 bytes) successfully initialized in 423ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (449ms)
+451ms ║╔Execution stage started
+455ms ║║Cancelling statement #1’s schedules…
+1009ms ║║Executed virtual command sendEmail (551ms)
+1011ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (560ms)
+1012ms ╚Event processed successfully (1012ms)

It will not be coming from a Gmail account. It will be coming from:
[email protected]
and going to:
[email protected]

Also, be aware that SmartThings has blocked sending emails to many different domains.
(not sure if Clicksend is one of them)

For future reference, I should also point out that there is a strict daily limit on emails.
(This counts emails sent by pistons, plus emails sent from this forum)

Once your daily limit has been hit, all other emails that day will be lost to the ethers.

Thanks, that makes sense. I’m just trying to use webcore to send an email to clicksend… And then have clicksend fire off an sms.

Problem is that clicksend needs to be set to recognise an authorised email address for the sender. Boo.

For what it’s worth, if you have an Android, there’s an awesome app for Android called Tasker that can do this very efficiently.

*dodges the flying tomato*

It can take a command directly from a piston, and send out a SMS (to anyone) from your phones account.

No need to use any of the precious emails, and no need to use Clicksend.

This works great unless you are trying to hide (mask) your phone number from the recipient(s).

For the record, I believe that each piston will be sending emails from a specific email.
(the “jibberish” will not change when coming from the same piston)

So, if you are able to simply add an acceptable email address, you could go that route… But if Clicksend requires you to respond from that email address, then this post won’t help you.

I’m mildly familiar with tasker and that sounds like an awesome way to do things. Thanks for the help so far… Much appreciated. What’s the chances you could point me in the right direction? = p

Yes, seems to be the case. Tasker route sounds less problematic… And less reliant on third parties.

I thought I just did… LOL

All jokes aside, take a look at my most recent post (our posts were almost simultaneous) to see if that method sounds appealing to you.

Spotted that. Thanks! I’m aware I’m approaching “off topic” territory, but my current level of knowledge leaves me unaware of what exactly to search for in order to achieve the following…

1. Use a Piston to somehow send something to tasker on a speficic phone
  2. Somehow have tasker on that phone interpret/catch the info from (1) and spit it out via a sms to another number.

mildly pathetic grovelling

Oooh…

Thanks!

Whomever wrote that topic was brilliant!!
(hehe)

I spotted that, you legend. I’ll have a play in the morning.

Annoying that these kinds of workarounds are needed just to send a text. Sending sms notifications was actually one of the main reasons for buying smartthings hub in the first place (UK), and last year, Samsung pulled the support. Meh!

This is actually worthy of a full-blown topic created in the “Examples” category… but in the meantime, here are a few pointers:

Simple & Basic

• Install Tasker ($3)
  • Piston sends PUSH notification to (all) phones
  • Tasker sees the notification, and sends canned SMS to whomever

Advanced method with Bells

• Install Tasker ($3)
  • Install AutoNotification ($2)
  • Piston sends PUSH notification to (all) phones
  • Tasker sees the notification, and stores data into variables
  • Tasker sends SMS to whomever using the variables

Pro method with Bells & Whistles

• Install Tasker ($3)
  • Install AutoRemote ($3)
  • Piston sends web request directly to (one) phone
  • Tasker stores any data into variables
  • Tasker sends SMS to whomever using the variables

Much of these have more detailed examples in your last link, or in other topics of mine.

Shall take a peek tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Its 1am here and I’m knacked! =p