Sequence of events

1) Give a description of the problem
I want to create a piston that alerts us if a window or door has been left open when we leave. I was using the ST phone presence to activate the piston. But it is too slow or unreliable. As we leave we go through a sequence: we walk through the laundry room, which has a motion sensor; then open the garage door; then close the garage door. I thought if I could create a piston that looks for that exact sequence, I could use that to send an alert if a window or door is open. It will need to send the alert immediately after the garage door closes … as we want the alert before we drive away.

This could be useful for several circumstances. For instance, a bedtime routine. If a sequence of motion sensors were activated going up the stairs, after the lounge lights were turned off.

Can webCore look for an exact sequence?

2) What is the expected behavior?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS SND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I think I have found the answer to my own question. I never noticed the ‘Followed By’ selection before for triggers. I will try that and see what happens.

Yeah, using “Followed by” is one way of doing it. There are others too.

Like using the last event as the Trigger, and then checking the previousAge of the other events.

See Example 5 here:

Thanks MIke, that is very useful. I have bookmarked it.