Set and unset alarm based on ical

Hey guys.

We have a holiday rental and I’d like to automate changing mode (away / home) based on dates in a shared ical. Basically I want to fetch the ical, and on the morning of someone checking in, have it unset the alarm, on the day they leave for it to set the alarm (by changing modes).

I can’t find any examples of anything similar?

Many thanks
Barry

First thing would be to see if your calendar provider also provides an API to access the calendar via. If it does you should be able to do a hourly/daily call to the API to see if there is an appointment in or not.

I’ve gotten this to work with Google Calendar through IFTTT and my outlook 365 calendar (for work) through Stringify. Never seen an iCal integration though.

Work around would be to make your iCal public and then subscribe in Google Calendar (This is how I get my iCal on a Fire Tablet). Then use IFTTT with Google Calendar

I think you can import an ical into Google calendar.

If you go the Google calendar route, I use this smart app to initiate events in smarthings and Webcore based on the events on my Google calendar. I know some people have had issues setting it up but others (myself included) do have it working.