Setting Nest Tstat to Eco Mode

1) Give a description of the problem
Can anybody show me how to simply put nest thermostat into eco mode? I have SmartThings set to vacation mode if I’m away longer than 24 hours and I just want to include setting nest to eco. I have NST manager and I’m given three options in webcore that I can tell: eco(…), ecobtn(…), and ecoDesc(…) but I have idea what they mean.

2 ways…

1. in webCoRE…
    with Nest Thermostat
    do
    away ()

2. in the NST Manager…
    You can create a Nest Home/Away Automation to use your ST away mode to set the
    thermostat to away/eco

Wouldn’t I want to use eco(), not away()? Do you know why there are parentheses? I’m trying to understand the logic.

Changing your thermostat to away will automatically set it to eco

Jkp - I dont believe away() will work because have auto Eco Mode turned off in nest. those temperatures are extreme and only used when I’m away for an extended time. When I have the piston set to go to eco() for my vacation piston it gets stuck in Eco upon return. Is there a workaround to avoid manually turning my thermostats back to home?

I’m aware this is an old thread but I hope maybe this will still help some folk.

I’m using MyNextTstat.

I too wanted to be able to control eco mode independently of the home / away state, but when I try to add a new condition for the Nest device’s “thermostat mode”, I am not presented with the “eco” option as a value for “compare to”. (The only values I can select are auto / cool / emergency heat / heat / off.)

After much head-scratching, I worked out that the state “eco_mode” was the one I needed to be able to interrogate. I also worked out I think its states can be “manual-eco”, “auto-eco” or “schedule”.

Below are a couple of pistons I created to actuate a virtual switch to “off” when the Nest eco_mode state changes to “manual-eco” and “on” when the Nest eco_mode state changes to “auto-eco” or “schedule”. They work for me.

Be gentle with me, these are my first ever pistons…

If anyone has suggestions on how to go about getting the missing “eco” state in “thermostat mode” fixed I’d be delighted to hear them.

Nest thermostat mode state - no ECO