Should I break this piston up or keep as one long one

1) Give a description of the problem
Hi all. I have read about the benefits of more shorter pistons then one long one but I’m not quite sure what to do here. I’ve posted but it’s probably easier to explain. I have a piston where the trigger is the unlocking of my front door. From there, there are two conditions (presence and a virtual goodbye switch). If I unlock then if I am present and the v switch is on, there are then 3 blocks of time of day where different actions will occur. If I am present and the v switch is off, different things happen. Finally if the vswitch is on, but I am not present and someone unlocks the door, a set of different actions occur.

So as you can imagine there is a lot of Boolean logic. I didn’t know if it was better to somehow have separate pistons but thought the door unlocking triggering say 3 or 4 different pistons would make less sense from an overall efficiency standpoint. Overall it just looks messy.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I haven’t looked too closely but it seems that your piston is selecting a single set of actions to perform in response to a single trigger. That sounds like a single piston to me.

If there were multiple sets of actions taking place in response to the same trigger that could safely run in parallel then yes there is an argument for multiple pistons. The same would be true if there were multiple triggers resulting in actions that could run in parallel.

Got it and thank you. Yes single trigger. And moved things around to make it more manageable to work through and will see.