Smart alarm system

iam currently getting a smartthings alarm system put together, motion sensors only at the minute and a dummy alarm box with siren inside.

my question is… the alarm box has come with battery operated led flashing lights, is it possible to convert these to mains power from a plug? if so how and what would i need?

thanks in advance

How many and what type of batteries?

You’d simply need a DC power converter and smart relay.

their are 4 AA batteries inside, my idea is to put a small wifi swicth on the line like sonoff basic and once the alarm is armed it clicks on and wayhey the lights go on, and disarmed lights off

A cheaper option might be to buy a zwave siren with built in strobe.

Remove the existing flashing lights from the dummy box.

Then either:

• position the siren inside the dummy box such that the strobe can shine through the clear plastic part of the dummy box, or

• Remove the strobe lamp from the siren housing, and extend with wires so you can place the lamp behind the clear plastic part of the dummy box.

You can then control the siren and strobe via the DTH / webCoRE.

are the dc power converters expensive, i did a quick search but have no clue what im looking for.

the lights on the box flash left and right i presume thats the way an actual alarm goes when armed,

if i bought a strobe it would only flash when the alarm was triggered??

if i was to buy a siren with strobe have you any recommendations

I’m in the UK so I would use something like this:

But you’ll need to select something suitable for your countries mains supply, converting to 6v.

Alarm box lights flash all the time to say “look at me”… (it would be silly to only flash when the alarm is armed, as this would tell people when the alarm isn’t armed).

What you need is the strobe when he alarm is sounding, something a dummy box isn’t setup to do off the shelf.

what country are you in?

never thought of that thanks Robin

iam uk also

Would this work

It’s output is 5.1v not 6v but you might get away with it.