Smartthings ide function, run multiple time ceduled handler

Hi,
I dont know if I m at the right place to ask but I would like to run a device handler lets say each 5 seconds to refresh data… But with runEvery1Minutes(handlerMethod) I can only run it every minutes. Since this function run the handler at random time for the first execution and then run every minutes, can I add this line of code multiple time to execute the handler multiple time per minutes?

Thanks!

FYI… Device Handlers and Groovy (also webCoRE) are set to end on Sept. 30, 2022. You will need to use Edge Drivers on that date and beyond.

Thanks for this!
But what is that mean, what is edge drivers? I have some handler for multiple device like life360, zooz relay…etc Is there a wiki or something to explain how to do or everything will just stop working? And what about webcore pistons?

It means on Sept. 30, 2022, IDE, webCoRE and anything Groovy will cease. You can wait for ST to migrate your devices to Edge Drivers or migrate yourself. Head over to the ST forum to find details on Edge and what Drivers are currently available or ask for assistance creating Drivers if needed from the Developers.

thanks!
How weird is that, I understand ST but for what I just read on several post its looking that we could not make some automation as before and would be limited… I hope this will be wrong and they will built a strong thing to make our hub at its best! We all buy a hub with device to program and automate our home…if we could not doing anything exept ceduling a pricise time or simple automation its pretty frustrating! I use a lot of webhook or web request to communicate from alexa skills to piston or from piston to google sheet where a macro can do something according to the data…etc… What a mess!

Hope my piston will still ‘readable’ to at least see what I need to programm on a new platform or something! Should I need to take printscreen…?

yes, Routines in the ST app are not that powerful.

other options - SharpTools has a rules engine or you can switch to Hubitat and continue using webcore with it. As mentioned in another post, generate backups code if you go that route.

But creating images of your pistons is a good idea to use as a reference.

another things is virtual device… I use some to help automate … will those still active and will it be possible to create some on the new platform?

Is there a way to migrate all piston directly to hubitat ? Would I need a hubitat hub? and all the ide stuff wont follow?

yes, you will need a Hubitat hub. no, your IDE stuff does not migrate.