SmartThings Presence

1) Give a description of the problem
Would like to use webCoRE for SmartThings presence.

1. Installed webCoRE SmartApps in SmartThings IDE.
  2. Created a simulated switch in SmartThings IDE.
  3. Installed webCoRE app for iOS.
  4. Created automations in SmartThings to arm or disarm depending on simulated switch status.

I can see the iPhone tiles in the webCoRE dashboard app. The tile appears to work, turning gray when not present and colored when present. I can also see the simulated switch in SmartThings.

2) What is the expected behavior?
SmartThings to use presence from webCoRE

3) What is happening/not happening?
The simulated switch device in IDE inidcates “No data found for device.” The switch does not change to “on.”

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

I’m not sure I understand what you are doing/expecting.

If I understand correctly, you have WebCoRE presence which is working and the tiles are working properly in the piston above (I use the same one but use ST presence). What you are looking for is ST to flip a switch depending on presence status? I don’t think ST can see WebCoRE presence so I’m not sure how you implemented the automation. Would seem that you need to create a piston that flips the simulated switch depending on presence.

You are probably correct. I may be missing a step.

I would like webCoRE presence to change my SmartThings Home Monitor mode from disarmed to arm when no one is home and change the mode back to disarmed upon arrival.

Let me try creating a piston as you suggest. Thanks!

There isn’t anything intrinsically different between the SmartThings mobile app and the webCoRE mobile app when it comes to presence. They both present to SmartThings as devices that support the Presence Sensor capability. The only differences are:

• The SmartThings app now prefers a ‘new’ style integration instead of a legacy DTH, and for some reason the actual device is deliberately hidden from the mobile apps and only puts in an appearance in Automations where it is dressed up in a fancy frock as the ‘Member Location’.
  • The webCoRE app uses a DTH which supports shed loads of extra functionality, most of which can’t be seen in Automations because the DTH uses deprecated custom commands and attributes. However you can still use it in Automations via ‘Device Status’ like you can with other types of devices supporting the Presence Sensor capability.

So if you want to change your STHM mode based on webCoRE presence, you can just do that in one step in an Automation. Personally that is how I think things should be: - dedicated security arm/disarm automations (of whatever type) reacting to sensor input or activity flags.

The other approach, which many seem to favour, is to explicitly disarm/arm STHM from within webCoRE pistons. As there isn’t a native way of doing that, fudges like the six Automations and three Simulated Switches can be used instead. You’ll have to set the Simulated Switch in a piston if you do that.