Sonos One Gen 2 Text to Speech help

1) Give a description of the problem
I would like to have announcements of open sensors for my Smartthings system. Example: front door open, Front window open etc. I have four Sonos One Gen 2 Speakers that I would like to configure for text to speech with webcore. I have noticed references to Music Player 1, Music Player 2 etc in posts and piston examples for text to speech. When I search in the new Smartthings App for available devices for webcore, I do not have any Music Player options that are not grayed out. Can anyone assist with how to setup Sonos for text to speech? I assume I need a music player to enable TTS given the pistons I have reviewed.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Hi there,

I haven’t been actively following the SThome forums lately but my understanding is (i might be wrong, sorry in advance) text to speech/speak text is no longer supported - maybe temp. - in my house all of them stopped working.

What I do is,
create a text to speech mp3 (one of the free websites) and uploading that mp3 to a web server and use that link. PLAY URL.

one option is the following. there is another option I have seen where you can set up a node.js

I also believe you are trying to add your sonos devices to webcore --> available devices --> select devices by capability - capability group 1 I believe

Thanks for the help. The Sonos speakers are all listed in webcore under capability group 1 and ST new app also recognizes them.

It is strange because my Smart Home Monitor uses TTS with the same Sonos Speakers for intrusion notification. I can alter the message in the ST new app within the Smart Home Monitor under “Set Response” under “Play Message On Speaker” I can enter any message and it plays it on my speakers. Seems like it should be able to utilize TTS in other instances.

I believe STHM uses the Audio Notification capability, presumably along with a TTS service.

Music Player is a deprecated capability.

I remember there used to be custom commands like speakTextAndResume() in some handlers, probably Sonos, which probably used a TTS service in the handler, but I think the Sonos integration has been redone and is unlikely to use custom commands so it will be down to users to handle the TTS bit.

Having said that, there is a Speech Synthesis capability these days. It is worth checking if that is being supported.

automation don’t work in smartthing
 so has anyone figured out how to do this, “play message on speaker”?

Just tested the automation with play message on speaker without any problems.

But. Im using https://github.com/jishi/node-sonos-http-api on my qnap nas for play message on sonos. Then im able to use webcore and also have the messages on my native language.

i wasn’t very clear, automations don’t work well as i have many that ignore pre-conditions. yes text to speech works in automations, but that is the only way to do it in the app. would be nice if smartthings could add text to speech to scenes and webcore.