Source of HSM alarm trigger

variables

1) Give a description of the problem
I am trying to write a piston that will send an email with the name of the device that triggered an HSM security alert (i.e. the specific motion sensor or contact sensor that triggered it). I’m basically trying to send an email with the details if the alarm is tripped when in Home or Away mode.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I’ve tried using $device and $currentEventDevice in the Send Email function, but am not getting the correct result. This is what I am using for the current Message Body:

Possible intrusion has been detected on ({$device})

Is it possible to obtain this information and if so, can anyone help with the correct syntax to use?

Show us the event received:

HE console -> Logs -> Location Events

See if it has the information you want. I think HSM may be the generator of an hsmAlert

The $currentEventValue may tell you water vs. intrusion vs. smoke

I am also interested if anyone has found a solution to this as well

That is correct, unfortunately not the device that caused the event.

If you are only interested in the a notification, those can be setup within the HSM app itself and you can pull the $device there.
Fault %device% is %value% as of %time% --> Fault Motion (Loft) is active as of 09:08 AM

My only other thought was to loop through the devices that are armed to see if any are active, open, etc.

Yeah, I get the notifications in Pushover directly from HSM with the information I need. I was just looking to extend the notification to my wife and other local relatives via email/SMS messages using Webcore as they help watch our house when we are out of town traveling :-).