Specific Requirment, Help Please

Ok so, I am still looking into purchasing a smart hub. I have been looking all around and cant seem to find one that offers the level of customiability that i require. I am a volunteer firefighter here in Australia and am looking for a hub that can take input from running a script on a PC. For exmaple i would like to set up a routine or function and then export it as some sort of script file. Then when i need to run it i could just open it on the PC, it executed the script and then closes again, sort of like a virtual button.

Is this possible? On SmartThings or Hubitat? With the help of WebCoRE? On another hub? Or is it out right not possible?

I made my own VisualBasic program that i leave open in the back ground of my computer that searches for a new fire call and then when it finds on it flashes my Lifx bulb, hold it on stead, plays a mp3 files, displays call information on the computer and so forth.

As i move into expanding from more then just a light bulb this system will not hold up.

If you can provide any insight as to how i might be able to complete this task then please reply. this has been a months long projects of just research and so far it has lead me here.

Thansk!

A SmartThings hub coupled with webCORE can do all that you seek, plus so much more.

For example, a script on your PC can send a GET request to trigger any piston…
Which can take over, flash lights, notify etc…

OMG Thank you so much!

Just to clarify, i can still have my web scraper running and then have it open a GET request on the computer to trigger the piston, including an audio alert, lights, locks with conditioning etc.

Do u have any sort of idea of the delay between opening the GET request and it performing the task, ofc depending on Latentcy.

Yes. Everything can stay as it is, and when you are ready for the actions in your smart home, you can make a GET request. (ideally, to a piston that has no triggers whatsoever)

It appears to be instant, but the piston actually begins about 200 - 400 milliseconds after the GET request has been sent… (mine triggers while my finger is still on the mouse button)

Also, keep in mind each command in webCoRE takes at least 10-15ms to process…