ST_Anything slows NodeMCU processing

1) Give a description of the problem
Working toward a webCoRE piston, but not there yet. Can’t find another forum to post this question, so hoping for some help from this community.

I am using a NodeMCU 12E to automate opening and closing of a pet door. The following hardware list will provide an idea what is being done.
2 SPST switches for manual operation (open/close) of the door.
2 SPST switches for automatic motor shutoff at limit of open & close.
1 SPST Relay 3V coil for switching 12v motor power supply.
1 DPDT Relay 3V coil for reversing polarity on motor for open and close direction.

I got the arduino sketch operating properly on the Node MCU without ST_Anything and response to manually activating switches is as expected and nearly instantaneous as monitored in serial monitor and via LED activation. Boolean logic for activating motor below:

if (digitalRead(closeLimitPin) == HIGH || digitalRead(openLimitPin)==HIGH) {
digitalWrite(motorStatePin, LOW); // Set pin to 0V for motor power OFF.
}
else if (digitalRead(closeButtonPin) == HIGH || digitalRead(remoteControl) == HIGH) {
digitalWrite(motorStatePin, HIGH); // Set pin to 1V for motor power on.
digitalWrite(motorDirPin, LOW); // Set pin to 0V for CLOSE Direction.
}
else if (digitalRead(openButtonPin) == HIGH) || digitalRead(PIN_remoteControl) == LOW) {
digitalWrite(motorStatePin, HIGH); // Set pin to 1V for motor power on.
digitalWrite(motorDirPin, HIGH); // Set pin to 1V for OPEN direction.
}
else {
digitalWrite(motorStatePin, LOW); // Set pin to 0V for motor power OFF.

I added ST_Anything with 4 contact sensors and one switch defined. The contact sensors are for monitoring status of the physical switches and the virtual switch is for activating a Digital Output pin which is used in the boolean logic for remotely opening and closing the door.
Successfully recognized my ST_Anything Parent and 5 Child devices in Smartthings Classic App.
I have two problems:
A) when I attempt to toggle the switch from the app I just get a “TurningOn” message indefinitely.
B) response times to physical interactions (switch activations) is delayed 1-30 seconds as evidenced both in the serial monitor and direct observation of test LEDs.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
A) Toggling switch device in Smartthings App will toggle HIGH/LOW value of NodeMCU pin.
B) no delay in response to activation of switches.

3) What is happening/not happening?
I have two problems:
A) when I attempt to toggle the switch from the app I just get a “TurningOn” message indefinately.
B) response times to physical interactions (switch activations) is delayed 1-30 seconds as evidenced both in the serial monitor and direct observation of test LEDs.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
N/A

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING

Suggest you post in the ST_anything SmartThings community forum

Thanks @guxdude. Wasn’t sure how to post there as a new topic, but just added a reply to the original long thread.

Leaving unresolved here incase anyone has suggestions.

I have also create a WC piston using the contact sensors and not triggering, but want to troubleshoot the ST_Anything delays before troubleshooting the simple piston.

Updated: I think I figured out how to create new post in ST forum.

Problem resolutions

1. Hard reset of the SmartThings hub resolved the delayed processing observed in the NodeMCU serial monitor.
  2. Review of SmartThings Web IDE Live Log revealed misconfiguration of parent device IP address in SmartThings Classic Mobile App preventing communication from app to NodeMCU.

Hello…You have an “open breaking point switch” and a “nearby cutoff switch”. how are these actualized? Do you have an actual sensor or some sort that distinguishes when the entryway is completely open or completely shut? I don’t see how those are really wired to control the activities of the engine.

Likewise, any rationale that you set up that is done through the cloud will be deferred. You will need to work your restricting switches into the callback strategy inside the board itself. Else you will run the engine for a really long time.

pcb quote

Hi…First thing you need to do, haul everything out that isn’t ST_Anything. You will not require any of it. Likewise, you have a postponement in your product. This will not fill in as it is obstructing getting anything from the center or whatever else handling during the postponement. Can’t utilize delay with ST_Anything.

What I don’t comprehend is the manner by which you get the engine to head in two ways. It isn’t obvious from me how you are doing that.

However, as a rule, this will require a whole re-write to utilize ST_Anything. You’re not utilizing it accurately.