Start playing a preset (favourite) on a group of Sonos speakers (not out of sync)

I’ve installed using the latest node v8 as documented above, but TTS isn’t working. I’ve copied my settings.json with my voicerss api key from the old PI, but when I try to get it to speak, although the browser replys “success”, I get no speech and the following error on the PI

announce file for phrase “lounge” does not seem to exist, downloading
2021-01-16T16:37:09.895Z ERROR
{ error: ‘action ‘tts’ not found’ }
2021-01-16T16:37:10.027Z ERROR
{ error: ‘action ‘tts’ not found’ }

Interestingly, I think the presets would work, on the old PI it hangs, on this one it errors in the same way as a simple “say” command.

I’ve tried upgrading to node 11.5 and now get the following

2021-01-16T17:53:31.882Z INFO http server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 5005
2021-01-16T17:53:39.261Z ERROR
{ error: “action ‘tts’ not found” }
(node:1460) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
2021-01-16T17:53:39.273Z ERROR
{ error: “action ‘tts’ not found” }

I’ve spent far too long trying to get this to work and not got anywhere!

I suspect there are incompatibilities between os/nodejs/app. I’ve even tried it on windows without success.

Can anyone who has this working let me know their versions?

My old Pi (raspbian jessie & node v6) works - other than the saypreset

My new Pi will not speak (as above) It won’t run jessie, but wonder if a later OS works?

Does any of you guys know why I cannot delete the server again? It says access denied when I try.I don’t know how or why it would be installed with rights above my user…?
I wanted to do a clean install of it, because it suddently stopped working when supposed to perform speak-commands that worked before. I’ve rebooted, but the error’s still there.
I think it’s a bit unstable and a newbie like me has no idea what’s wrong or how to fix it.

if you originally installed using sudo, the files will be owned by root. you’ll need to use sudo again e.g sudo rm …

When you reiinstall, don’t use sudo, it will install as user pi, and works fine