STHM Alarm Disarm

1) Give a description of the problem
When I disarm STHM, siren still sounds

2) What is the expected behaviour?
I have a delay set in STHM to allow a someone to walk in the door and disarm the alarm at a Panel using Actiontiles.

3) What is happening/not happening?
The alarm gets triggered as an intrusion, which I know is the intended reaction; however, I would like to “dismiss” the intrusion if the alarm is disarmed at the panel. I don’t know how to start the piston using the “intrusion” as the trigger. YES, I did read and there are similar questions, but mostly pertaining to SHM and not STHM. Thank you!

Please excuse my dumb question, but if someone can disarm using ActionTiles, how does that make your house secure?

The “disarm” tile is secured with a pin that you have to enter before it disarms…so basically, you come in…hit “disarm” a pin pad pops up and then you have to enter the correct pin before it performs the disarm action

Ahh ok…

I think this is the thread for you…

Thanks @WCmore. I actually have all that setup and working properly. The problem is the way the STHM in the “new” app works…is if you walk in the door when the alarm is “armed” it starts an “intrusion alert” that you can only dismiss in the ST app. Even though I have a delay set before the siren goes off…“disarming” the alarm doesn’t dismiss the intrusion trigger. And the siren still goes off even though the status of STHM changed to “disarmed”. If I have to get out my phone to dismiss the intrusion alert, there is no point in having the panel. I hope that make sense.

I do not have STHM, but all online references I see say, “you have to dismiss the STHM alert manually”.

What I usually do is ignore the “built-in” alarm system, and just create my own logic here in webCoRE. This gives me total control of the delays etc.

I actually have all the sensors in ST, and know exactly how I would want the logic to work…unfortunately I haven’t even created my first piston yet and wouldn’t even know where to start with all of that. I think I may have to get some basic pistons under my belt before I dive into all that.

I noticed on some other posts where webcore did show the “intrusion alert” so I thought that since it could see alert that it could also react to it…of course, like I said…totally new to webcore so I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

I agree with you… Security programming should never be your first encounter in any language.
(this is where an expert on your side would be helpful)

If you decide to stick with STHM, I think the general concept is:

Program STHM to flip a Simulated Switch during any HM changes… and then have webCoRE monitor that SimSwitch, and take action when it changes.

Thanks again. I have a simulated switch that I had to create during the actiontiles setup you linked to above. Basically “disarming” the tile changes the status of the simulated switch…which in turn changes the status of STHM to “disarmed”. I could technically have webcore “disable” the siren once the alarm is disarmed. The problem; however, is that once the “intrusion alert” is triggered, you can’t clear it without manually doing it in the app…therefore, the alarm would disarm, the siren wouldn’t go off (as I’d like), but there would still be an “intrusion” status and I don’t believe I could re-arm or change the status of the alarm until that notification was cleared via the ST app. I think if I can’t find a solution through STHM, I’ll really need to start creating some basic tiles so I can learn webcore as what I want is 100% possible using webcore alone (as you already stated).

Have you tried researching or asking this question on one of the STHM threads?

Personally, I have never really been a fan of SHM… and from the sounds of it, STHM is even more restrictive…

I think I will take a step back, and let a user of STHM step up…

I didn’t really find a thread specific to my issue and would hate to hijack someone else’s thread with my issues…but I’m not getting much traffic here (I really do appreciate all your input @WCmore). Hopefully someone will come along with some experience with this “new” app. Thanks.

I’m new to this forum and to WebCoRE, can I ps have any help on this issue?
I’m having the same issue as posted by @Crankycowboy, this is I open up my front door and have 30 seconds to disarm my security system (from a wall mounted fire tablet 8 running ActionTiles). After I successfully type in my security pin and disable it, the siren still goes off as I have not dismissed the SHM notification on the iPhone…
I got here after implementing the 2 pistons as suggested in below SHM thread by @HALOHARRY2K9

but the siren is still going off even after implementing the simulated contact sensor :frowning:
Please help!