Strange Hue Off Behavior in Webcore

Hello, I’ve noticed something weird with my Hue bulbs and I was wondering if there is something I can do to fix it. I have two pistons that do the exact same thing but I only have one of them active at a time to test between them.

On one, the group of Hue lights is defined as a device variable and that variable is used throughout the piston. With this one, whenever the device variable gets sent “Turn Off”, the Hue bulbs turn off instantly without dimming.

Here:

On the second, the Hue lights are defined in-line instead of through a variable. With this one, whenever the list of Hue lights gets sent “Turn Off”, the Hue bulbs fade off.

Here:

Why is there a difference and is there something I can do to make them consistent? I’m trying to make template pistons like the first one that I can easily change for each room instead of going through and changing everything line by line, but I would want the bulbs to dim.

Do you have a simplified piston that demonstrates the difference? Something we can import and try.

Turns out I had two pistons that were both sending “Turn Off” commands to the same lights at the same time because I forgot to pause the duplicate during testing. If I pause it, everything works fine.

I know some people were looking for ways to get Hues to turn off instantly, this might have found a way heh. Thanks anyway :slight_smile: