Strange Presence Issues

Anyone experience this? I’m not even home and suddenly got alerts saying both my iPhone and webCoRE presence sensor arrived, changed mode & disarmed SHM followed by iPhone & webCoRE presence sensor leaving changing mode & arming SHM again ALL AT THE SAME TIME. This has happened three times today.

What would cause this to happen? Is this an issue with my phone or SmartThings?

Are you relatively close to your house in terms of location?

8 miles.

Another thing I just noticed was why did my webCoRE presence sensor say it left twice right together like that? That seems a bit odd - would it have had to arrive before it could leave again?

Are you on the latest version of the presence sensor? Seems like I saw this a few versions ago. Also, turn on debugging in your presence sensor to see your location accuracy.

Actually just had this happen to me as I was leaving my house. Everything was fine and as I was getting onto the highway it acted like I bounced home and away again.

I think it might be an issue of confusion on the presence sensor for which events it should be paying attention too.

The device handler is the latest version as I can’t update from repo. I’ll turn on debugging again - funny because I’d just turned it off last week. Is there anything. I can do to fix this or just wait & see?

Are you on the latest version of the presence sensor, not the DTH? The webCoRe presence sensor app is now in the app store which is the latest version.

Yes I’m on be latest iOS app too. One reason why I was wondering if it was a SmartThings issue was because there was an update recently and in the notes it mentions mobile presence.

I believe @Boxfan is referring to the webcore app not the ST app…

And yes my webCoRE iOS app is up to date - there’s no updates available in the App Store. However I wanted to mention the SmartThings app update referencing presence in the notes.

Have you turned on debugging in the webCoRE presence sensor? This will provide some information to help you see what is going on.

I’ve got it turned on - not quite sure how to interpret the data. It generally will say horizontal accuracy is either within 12 or 16 meters, but did see one instance of 65 meters.

I saw similar odd behavior in my WC presence sensor a couple days ago. It hasn’t repeated since but I had the same rapid fire changes of location despite not moving.

I was apparently going over 10mph in my bedroom closet, too. Lol

Same here. I haven’t had it happen again since the three times it happened during that one day.

Perhaps Santa borrowed your phone so he could use the sat nav and a route planing app… would explain the jumping around!