Synchronizing Multiple RGB Lights

Hey there, I’m new to webcore, but have been using core for a while. I have 10 H801 rgb Light Controllers that I wan to to synchronize the colors between. It is a pain to change each one individually. I was told in the smartthings forums that webcore has a device variable function that can help me do what I want. I played around with a new piston, but I couldn’t get anything to work. It would be nice if I could make a virtual device that will synchronize them, so If I wanted to change individual colors I could for special effects. I’m pretty lost on where to start with this piston.

I think you mean, like this… This is just a demo of how you group up many different lights and manipulate them all at the same time. Clearly you can select any trigger event you want (button press, time of day, sunrise, sunset, etc). Pick whatever variable names you want…again this is just an example.

Kinda, I have automations like that in core. I really would like to control all of them from a virtual device. Is this possible in webcore with a simulated device?

Instead of fiddling with a virtual rgb just pick a master device and you can have all the others mimic the master.

Explain what you mean by that…because i’m not getting it.

A virtual device equals a scene? You turn on a virtual device and all the lights go to a specific setting?

I’m not following what you’re trying to make happen here.

His goal is to set a virtual rgb bulb up in the ide. Add this virtual device into smartthings. Then when he changes the attributes of that virtual device all of his physical devices mirror the attributes of the virtual device.

The reason is only having to changes the attributes of a single device instead of X devices.