The real current ecobee temperature?

1) Give a description of the problem
ecobee device has the temperature that is from the average temperatures from multiple ecobee sensors with follow me on of off. I want to calculate an average temperature with other sensors that are not from ecobee. However, I also want to include the ecobee device as a temperature source since it’s in a room that does not have other temperature sensors. I need to have the real temperature from the ecobee device, not the average temperature, so I can make my piston work.

2) What is the expected behavior?
A way to fetch the real temperature from ecobee device without changing ecobee’s current setting.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Don’t see an option to do that.

Thank you very much!

Have you tried to use Expression to get the info, like this… [Ecobee Device Name:temperature]

That is, if the temp being displayed by the ecobee is the real temp and not the average of all the sensors.

Thanks! That’s what I need.

I am getting a null value when I use that. Any ideas why?

{$weather}[Ecobee - Thermostat : temperature] [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatOperatingState] [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatSetpoint]

Null on that whole line?

Edit: Just to verify if you can pull one of the values, try this in an evaluation console. Open any piston and scroll to the bottom. Press enter after you type in [Ecobee - Thermostat : temperature]

So it was the {weather} causing the issue.
When I use

[Ecobee - Thermostat : temperature] [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatOperatingState] [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatSetpoint]
I get:

I’m not sure why the name isn’t showing and the device not found

Try the last two separately… they have to be exactly how they’re named in the Devices. Spaces matter.

Also try: [E3: My ecobee3 : temperature] " " [E3: My ecobee3 : thermostatOperatingState] " " [E3: My ecobee3 : thermostatSetpoint]

Super cool. It was the quotes I needed. Can a variable be used in an expression?

Ex. {$weather} or {global or local variable name}

Yes, you can use them in expressions, local, globals and system variables.

How do I combine them? I assume a mix of quotes and brackets?

Anything in particular you’re trying to put together? Yes, in expressions field you need to put texts in quotes.

Yes I want to add the weather

"Your Ecobee is currently set to " [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatSetpoint] " but your home is " [Ecobee - Thermostat : temperature] " and your system is set to " [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatMode]

Which part of the weather though? There are a few to pick from in the wiki.

" Your Ecobee is currently set to " [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatSetpoint] " but your home is " [Ecobee - Thermostat : temperature] " and your system is set to " [Ecobee - Thermostat : thermostatMode] " The current weather outside is " {$weather.conditions.current_observation.temperature_string} " and right now it is " {$weather.conditions.current_observation.weather}

Enclose any text (those that do not evaluate into a value) with quotes, like the and .

I have a related issue.

I’ve got an ecobee4 that I’ve labeled Main that resides in the Living Room. I also have 1 remote sensor placed in my Master Bedroom. During my Sleep comfort setting, only the Master remote sensor is used, ignoring the temperature measured at the actual thermostat (Main).

Overnight during my Sleep comfort setting, I want to track the temperature difference between the Master remote sensor and the Main thermostat sensor. I have a simple piston that updates a global variable calculated using [Master Sensor : temperature] - [ecobee Main : temperature].

Because my Sleep comfort setting uses only the Master Sensor to control the temperature, I believe [ecobee Main : temperature] returns essentially the same value as the [Master Sensor : temperature].

For example, [ecobee Main : temperature] returns 73.2 and [Master Sensor : temperature] returns 73.0. I’m guessing there is a rounding or precision difference here. In this example, I’m very confident the temperature at Main is 72 or lower. During my Home comfort setting when the main thermostat ignores the Master Sensor, I’m getting realistic temperatures reported by each of these expressions.

How do I get the real [ecobee Main : temperature] or equivalent during a comfort setting controlling from only [Master Sensor : temperature]?

Thanks.