Time Report for worker in your Home while you are not home

This piston was built with help from several people over a period of weeks/months. It has been working flawless for several months so I thought I’d Share. It’s pretty basic, but serves it purpose well.

Purpose: This piston will notify me when specific codes are used to unlock the door. Onetouchlock is turned off for the locks. This means that the code must be entered to lock the door when the worker leaves as well. I’m back routine runs, which sets HVAC appropriately, disarms SHM, etc. When the worker leaves, they enter the code, Goodbye routine runs, onetouchlock is set back to on, and a text message is sent with total time in the house. There is also a catch for if you are there when they leave, you would not want run the goodbye routine if you were home.

This works well if you have a general expectation of how long someone is supposed to be in your home. Without having to go in and look at logs, etc.

Not a chance in HELL that I would allow ANYONE in my home without me being there!!!

Even the best hearts can fail to temptation!!

Also, being a safety manager, I wouldn’t want lone workers in my home in case there was an accident… potential for more loss of blood than necessary, damaging the carpets, and I don’t want the paperwork!!

P.S. decent well written piston though… nice work!

Totally understand. We have house cleaners (licensed, insured, etc) who come by twice a month. Good help is hard to find, but they came well recommended from friends who’d used them for quite a while. I will say that having workers in my house unattended was new to me as well, which is part of the reason I built this piston.

This is cool. We also have house cleaners that come when no one is home. I’d almost like a way for this to register when all motion has stopped, doors are closed etc. rather than entering the code when leaving. I wouldn’t trust (or really ask) that my cleaners put in the code on the way out as well as on the way in.

Great piston!